The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that 'Tea' in Lullabelle's post refers to the evening meal. But maybe not! And I think the kids are are her and The Velvet Curtain.

I'm a tea drinker. Mainly strong and with very little milk (no sugar). There is a tea thread somewhere...
The kids are the cat and the guinea pigs who have been at the cattery whilst we were away. Tea is the mounds of food we prepared to welcome them back.

The longest-lived and longest-reigning monarch in British history, Elizabeth II is 96 years old today. She is the constitutional head of 16 sovereign states and head of the Commonwealth of Nations. In her capacity as British monarch she also ceremonially heads the Church of England as its Supreme Governor.

Brutal day. My primary credit card got closed due to a fraud alert, while I am out of town. My mom called at 11AM and was mad that I wasn't there to cook their lunch, which I am actually supposed to cook for them tomorrow. I was fixing one problem at my parent's apartment, and broke something else in the process. I had a terrible lunch in my POS rental car while driving to my parent's apartment. My parent's dog had pooped on the floor, which I had to clean up. Helped my dad take a shower, which took an hour. Went to my sister's house, only to get a frantic call from my mom that my dad fell, and was bleeding. Drove to their apartment, and my sister was already there (she was closer). Paramedics were leaving just as I got there. He's okay. Sister and I had the usual conversation with my dad and my mom about what to do, and not do.

I go back tomorrow morning. They will probably being eating lunch when I arrive to cook for them.

CD

Brutal day. My primary credit card got closed due to a fraud alert, while I am out of town. My mom called at 11AM and was mad that I wasn't there to cook their lunch, which I am actually supposed to cook for them tomorrow. I was fixing one problem at my parent's apartment, and broke something else in the process. I had a terrible lunch in my POS rental car while driving to my parent's apartment. My parent's dog had pooped on the floor, which I had to clean up. Helped my dad take a shower, which took an hour. Went to my sister's house, only to get a frantic call from my mom that my dad fell, and was bleeding. Drove to their apartment, and my sister was already there (she was closer). Paramedics were leaving just as I got there. He's okay. Sister and I had the usual conversation with my dad and my mom about what to do, and not do.

I go back tomorrow morning. They will probably being eating lunch when I arrive to cook for them.

CD
wow, that's a rough day. I hope today and the weekend are much calmer for you.

Brutal day…
Geez, all of that just sounds awful. It always irritates me the way multiple things like that hit at once.

Good news is your dad is ok from the fall. He’s probably pretty upset with himself over that. That’s how my dad felt for the longest time.

Just put it behind you, today’s a new day. Hopefully, it goes a little better.

Geez, all of that just sounds awful. It always irritates me the way multiple things like that hit at once.

Good news is your dad is ok from the fall. He’s probably pretty upset with himself over that. That’s how my dad felt for the longest time.

Just put it behind you, today’s a new day. Hopefully, it goes a little better.

He's fallen so many times that he doesn't think about it anymore. The paramedic's wanted to take him to the ER, but my sister arrived in her hospital scrubs, and talked them out of it. When I got there, the cut on his head was tiny, and he was coherent. The paramedics were concerned because one of his pupils was larger than the other, but that's actually normal for him since his cataract surgery.

I'll check the wound today. Then make their lunch and I want to take my dad for a walk to work on his leg strength and foot coordination. He will have his walker, and I can catch him if he starts to wobble.

They say having elderly parents is like have children, and they're right.

But, I get to go home on Monday. My sister lives here. We stopped on the way home for a margarita, and she said, "Welcome to my world."

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom