The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on a training ride on my bike and it was abruptly ended by a motorist who wasn't paying attention. I was doing about 25mph down hill when she turned across me and I hit the passenger door, face planted the car roof and landed on the road head first. It did sting a bit
I guess that's kinda a car wreck. The lady in the car undoubtedly wasn't injured. Sounds a bit painful for sure.

I guess that's kinda a car wreck. The lady in the car undoubtedly wasn't injured. Sounds a bit painful for sure.
A combination of adrenalin and morphine took the edge off the pain.
I call today my second birthday because that's the day I really started living. As I stopped sliding across the tarmac I went into systems check mode: what hurts, can I still move everything, am I still in danger? After that I felt very calm and had an energy for life that I hadn't had before. Over the following hours that crystallised into a personal vow to stop freewheeling through life and start enjoying stuff.
I took Lu to the other side of the World to get married, learned to dive, fly a glider, cycled 100 miles in one go, ran 10ks. Been Orangutan spotting in Borneo, spent the night in the Louvre and eaten at excellent restaurants. Live performance; theatre, comedy and music are central to my happiness and I try not to say no to any new experience.

If Glenys hadn't been daydreaming at the wheel I would have finished my training ride and still be going through life half asleep.

A little cooler weather is forecast for after the weekend.

It is considered to be "feels like" 45°C and I am not disputing that.

I scored 98 out of 100 points on my first written assignment for English. That's a straight A :dance: my mistake was that I wrote 'west' as 'West' with a capital letter in the middle of a sentence twice. And apparently, you're not supposed to.
I always capitalise it too because it's one of the cardinal points. Perhaps I've been getting it wrong for over 50 years.

Edit: Every day is a school day, Mr Google suggests that if you are referring to a direction then "travel west" is lower case, but if you are talking about the geographical region "the leaders of the West" it is capitalised.

I always capitalise it too because it's one of the cardinal points. Perhaps I've been getting it wrong for over 50 years.

Edit: Every day is a school day, Mr Google suggests that if you are referring to a direction then "travel west" is lower case, but if you are talking about the geographical region "the leaders of the West" it is capitalised.
In this case it was meant as a direction, so the teacher was correct. I have the same issue where I forget to not capitalise 'West ' exactly because of what you wrote.

Last week we had the hottest days experienced this year (38°C). Today has been down to 20°C at 06:00. Only a few degrees more now (14:15). Jacket and long trousers weather again.

Well, storms are rolling through. Bedtime will be delayed due to thunder and lightning. The rain and wind are kind of loud, too. Nothing too bad. We need the rain to fill the reservoirs before June.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 2.17.56 AM copy.jpg

CD

Looks like a repeat of the storms from 24 hours ago. Again, nothing severe, but rather loud. I'm loving the rainfall.

CD
We're due more in the next few days. The weather forecast told us at lunchtime that today was the last good washing day in the South East for this week! It's also going to get cold. Odd that given it is already colder but I'm guessing they mean during the day as well as at night... 1 month of Autumn left to go and I think we may have to light the fire before the end of the week... bit early for it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom