The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom (5 boys, 1 girl) would add, “…and as children, teens, young adults, adults, and middle age!” :laugh:
My mum had 3 boys. I was on my own at 15 and younger bro at 17.
Mum had zero say in our lives. We were raised to look after ourselves.
We looked after her up til she died. Never wanted anything as we provided for her.
My kids daughter at 24 son at 25 before they left home.

Russ

Not getting 38 C but got 34 C that anyway feels like burning in the hell while wearing a winter coat, my gosh.
I then forgot about a dinner out with friends tonight. I really can’t. So I asked “why don’t we have a zoom call while everyone is eating at one’s own home with the air-con switched on “Iceland mood”?
Still waiting for answers..

Not getting 38 C but got 34 C that anyway feels like burning in the hell while wearing a winter coat, my gosh.
I then forgot about a dinner out with friends tonight. I really can’t. So I asked “why don’t we have a zoom call while everyone is eating at one’s own home with the air-con switched on “Iceland mood”?
Still waiting for answers..
Air co, lucky you! We're in an uninsulated old house we still need to insulate, and we're working on it but climate change isn't waiting for us. And air co is starting to get banned here more and more for home owners, because all the heat ends up in the street bothering other people. So when we're finally able we'll probably be too late.

Hope you have a fun evening anyway :hug:

This is my airco:

I don’t think my A/C has shut off for four days. It simply can’t keep up with the heat. We have it set to 73F/23C, and the best it can do is get it down around 76F/24C, so it just runs nonstop.

Relatively, though, that’s much cooler than outside, so it still feels ok, but we’re going to owe the electric company some 💰.

I don’t think my A/C has shut off for four days. It simply can’t keep up with the heat. We have it set to 73F/23C, and the best it can do is get it down around 76F/24C, so it just runs nonstop.

Relatively, though, that’s much cooler than outside, so it still feels ok, but we’re going to owe the electric company some 💰.
We had to turn our A/C on early this due to the early heat for us.
We got our electric bill yesterday and DH was through the roof!
When I looked up what our bill was at this same time last year, I was right.
We had used quite a bit more, and to kick him farther, the cost of electricity has gone up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom