The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish you better. I was in Resus last week with atrial fibrillation at 4 am in the morning. Luckily my son answered the phone and was able to come to the house to look after my partner (who has dementia) when I was rushed in. I was surprised. Who has their phone on at 4 am in the morning? I should say that this heart thing has happened to me many times. They pump me with drugs or do electro cardio version and, in the past, kept me in overnight for observation. Now they send me home as soon as my heart rate is normal due to bed shortages, I suppose.

I hope you get out of ICU soon.
I knew something was amiss because you were suddenly less active on CB, but I hadn't guessed that.

I always, always aim for home. Even when my 3 PEs were discovered, because I'd been coping at home up until that point, and now knew what the issue was, and already knew how to inject the clexane, the doctor reluctantly consented to me going home on strict instructions... food obviously was the biggest issue, followed by medication. I can't change brands of medication and because I'd only gone in for some routine tests, I'd not brought my medication in with me except for basic inhalers and epi-pens. The dairy allergy was the very reason I needed to be able to inject myself. I was too seriously ill to risk anaphylactic shock trying a new tablet which we knew contained a risk ingredient. There was no version of that tablet without the filler that can (but not always) cause anaphylaxis. So the irony was hospital was actually less safe from that pint of view than home...

Stay safe, both of you.

Archie B, on the right, left us today, he was only 3 :cry:

How very sad. That is quite a short life for a guinea pig. Was he unwell?

Will you get a companion for the other one? They are social animals as you know.

He had a mass in his pelvic area, was in pain and couldn't do his toilet, surgery may have been possible, it would have been a very invasive procedure to find out, but I did not think it right to put his tiny poorly body through such distress and trauma. Yes 3 is young, we are thinking about a companion for Rolo but would like a piggie around the same age. We are going away on Friday so finding a buddy will have to wait until we get back. The cattery owner where we got them from will be very upset when she reads my email but she needed to know in advance.
It was a horrible decision to make but without doubt the right one, he was suffering so why prolong just on the off chance it may give him a few more months, that would be cruel.

It was a horrible decision to make but without doubt the right one
We've had to make that decision before, and horrible just isn't a strong enough word, but from what you describe, you put Archie first and made the right one. That's being a good and responsible minder. Archie was lucky to have you, and Rolo and whomever joins the family will be just as lucky to have you looking after them.

We've had to make that decision before, and horrible just isn't a strong enough word, but from what you describe, you put Archie first and made the right one. That's being a good and responsible minder. Archie was lucky to have you, and Rolo and whomever joins the family will be just as lucky to have you looking after them.

Thank you.

Okay.. I am in the ICU.. all my vague problems turned out to be my fourth incidence of pulmonary embolisms and this is my second saddle embolism.. guinness book of records anyone?

Second time I walked around with a saddle embolism for 2 months before being diagnosed!

I fainted today after shopping, and again after shouting for my husband from the floor..

I guess the good news is that I am probably not rheumatic. The swelling and pain in my limbs was due to oxygen loss
We can meet on the way out and have a party. I took a ride in the big red truck on Saturday. Couldn’t even walk to the car. I know why now I felt like crap. I’ve had pneumonia. What is a luck I’ll go home today sometime.

We can meet on the way out and have a party. I took a ride in the big red truck on Saturday. Couldn’t even walk to the car. I know why now I felt like crap. I’ve had pneumonia. What is a luck I’ll go home today sometime.
Crap, you're lucky you be going home so soon. It took me 2 months to get out of hospital after (double) pneumonia. 12 days in ICU, 6 on a ventilator. It's a real nasty bug isn't it? Took a long time for both myself and my husband to fully recover from it, so take your time and don't push too hard too soon. One guy I met in hospital had been in for over 9 months. Caught it 3 times in total, once at home and twice more whilst he was in recovering.

Stay safe.

Poor you! I did wonder as I know you had it before badly. Take it easy, my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom