The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. I do that in my head in a second or two..

Easy version.. There's a less than 2F increase per 1°C increase, so 38-40°C can't be a 5F difference.

I'm not too bad with temperature conversions. However, when trying to remember how many millilitres or tablespoons in a cup I'm usually buggered without the computer conversion tables.

I'm not too bad with temperature conversions. However, when trying to remember how many millilitres or tablespoons in a cup I'm usually buggered without the computer conversion tables.
ml to cups I'm fine, it's cups to weights that my recipes instantly get annotated with grams!

And in Australia a tablespoon is 20ml, not 15ml!

My chooks have finally started to lay again. Egg season is restarting.

Ironically the first egg found is from a girl I consider to be retired. I've had her 4 years, and she was 2yrs old minimum when I got her and very definitely a city girl, but she has adapted to rural life and free range wonderfully, though is definitely a loner... she's the one who will follow me down the track to the letterbox given half a chance and then happily walk back again, the distance of ½km. (OK I'm kind and I will carry her back if she wants to be, but it's her choice).

We're here. Still tire super easily. Craig is having some residual from the shingles even though he took the antivirals.
Glad to hear you guys are still hanging in there.
Shingles can be a bear!
It seems that I've been getting a shingles attack each year, but thought that it was just a spider bite.
This past bout has lasted five months and it's still not done. I didn't get to the doctor fast enough to get the anti-viral medication.

Cookingbites has just alerted me to the fact I've been a member for 5 years!

Five years ago I was ill in bed and wanted to find people to talk to. What a lovely bunch of people I found! It's been great chatting, playing games learning and sharing. Thank you all. I've not taken part as much lately, not joined in the challenges, but I've not had much time in the kitchen other than to make familiar recipes. I do still enjoy taking part when I can.

It is 106F/41C here. How is everyone else doing? Especially you Yurripeins.

CD
Average temp for the last week has been 4°C, so cold is all I can say and the coldest month is yet to come. That said I was too warm last night because it didn't drop below 5.9°C all night, so I can't win. Our daytime temperatures haven't made double figures at any point in the last 30 days.

Parents have managed OK but that's because they've stayed in and prepared, kept curtains closed and basically done nothing. Brother has moaned constantly on our family chat group... keeps giving all the records broken in the UK... it's fun winding him up. He used to live in the south where the records have been falling, but he now lives back in the family 'home' town... it hasn't been as hot there. I got my parents to replace the filter in their Dyson Pure Hot & Cold air purifier last month, so they've been using it. Weirdly they'd forgotten about it and hadn't actually had it on until I asked them...

Parents have managed OK but that's because they've stayed in and prepared, kept curtains closed and basically done nothing. Brother has moaned constantly on our family chat group... keeps giving all the records broken in the UK... it's fun winding him up. He used to live in the south where the records have been falling, but he now lives back in the family 'home' town... it hasn't been as hot there. I got my parents to replace the filter in their Dyson Pure Hot & Cold air purifier last month, so they've been using it. Weirdly they'd forgotten about it and hadn't actually had it on until I asked them...

I am constantly messing with the AC thermostats. I keep the downstairs at 78F most of the day, and 76F to sleep. If I am upstairs in my office, I turn the AC to 78F or 76F, depending on the time of day/night. When I am not up there, I turn it to 80F. If I leave the house for more than a few minutes, I set both to 80F. I would go higher, but I have a very furry dog to consider.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom