The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boss is retiring this year and tomorrow 4 people are being interviewed, it is going to feel strange having a new boss.

My boss took a buyout and left last Friday. We've been waiting for months to hear who his replacement will be, but there's still no word.
I hope it's not a "the devil you know is better than the one you don't" situation.

My boss took a buyout and left last Friday. We've been waiting for months to hear who his replacement will be, but there's still no word.
I hope it's not a "the devil you know is better than the one you don't" situation.

Mine won't leave until a replacement is found and settled in, she/he needs to be an accountant, learn the computer system, make payments etc so she won't go straight away.

That was the idea here. Everyone else that took the buyout left on January 1st, but my boss stuck around until last week to supposedly train his replacement, but nada. No one was hired nor promoted from within.
It's unsettling because we don't know why. Hopefully it's not a prelude to something much worse.

That was the idea here. Everyone else that took the buyout left on January 1st, but my boss stuck around until last week to supposedly train his replacement, but nada. No one was hired nor promoted from within.
It's unsettling because we don't know why. Hopefully it's not a prelude to something much worse.

Let's hope not.

I've a southern brown tree frog living in my toilet cistern.

20180424152330_IMG_0533.JPG

@Yorky has two frogs - one in the shower and one under a parasol - see the My Pets thread...
I'll keep you updated. The last place started with 3 goldfish... I found 22 of them by the end.
I've only just started to clean this place, what exactly a tree frog is doing in my toilet is another matter entirely. And yes he knew his escape route and used it very confidently!

We apparently have a new pet. For the past couple of days, there's a little gecko on our screened porch that keeps coming over to the sliding door and looking in like he wants to come in the house, but that would be a very bad idea for him with 2 cats in the house. Only thing I can think of is maybe Craig has been feeding him some of the mealworms that he buys for our curly tailed lizard that hangs out in front of the porch, as well as on the side porch.

There were 5 ladies interviewed today, 2 looked far too young, 1 looked nice, 1 I took an immediate shine to but I didn't see the last one. It will be interesting to see who comes back for a second interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom