The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I scream please?

:hyper: (closest I can come up with)

Thank you. That feels better.

Hubby hit a kangaroo last night about 250meters from home.

He had a leaving do at work he had to attend and was home much later than usual as a result. He killed the roo outright (good thing in our view because it didn't suffer).

The rather substantial roo bars we had fitted did their job, but with a broken headlight assembly (broken by the roo bars flexing down onto the bonnet and the bonnet breaking the headlight assembly) the car isn't legal to drive. Plus there's now a dent in the bonnet, scuff marks on both sides and the roo bars need repositioning because they have shifted towards the car radiator (they are designed to do this in theory) around the 2 nuts and bolts on each side that hold them on. And on top of all of that the chassis will need checking out because of the impact it has taken. They did their job. Without them the car would have been a write off and hubby in hospital at the very minimum.

The problem is that my 'new' car only has compulsory third party insurance until the end of this month. He is now in my car and the first thing he did was try to start it with it in gear and without his foot on the clutch whilst mentioning to me it has a manual choke! (the hand brake isn't holding and I always leave any manual in first or reverse anyway).

He's meant to be in Sydney from Sunday onwards and there is no way he's going in my vehicle. It won't be legal from Monday night onwards because he hasn't yet registered it in NSW and paid the CTP insurance which expires at the end of this month, (technically we get 3 months in which to register it so it wasn't an issue previously)... He's meant to be doing that today but...

So I'm back to having no car again...

Right time to start the hard labour again.

The new chook coop isn't going to repair itself. I've got a door support to install, roosts to create, (more drilling and screwing, Australian wood needs holes predrilling even for nails to go in), a dry mulch bed to create, a nesting box area to make, shelving to install, 2 automated doors to install somehow, a solar powered sensor operated light system to put in (ok that's easy, it's 4 screws) and somehow I have to make it fox proof, wind resistant, warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer and maintain ventilation... That last part is a real challenge... Then the electric fence will need moving.

But I have to start by sterilising all surfaces inside (I don't know the health of the last birds in there) and there's no water up there yet. And my wheelbarrow has a flat tyre which needs a new tyre and inner tube... This bad back of mine needs to #***#+*# off today. I don't need it!

I made mayo for the first time ever last night. Next time I'll use a smaller egg, much smaller... I might try to work out the quantities for a bantam egg. It will be a much more useful quantity of mayonnaise.

It was a success though. But I do need to suss out how much Coleman's mustard powder to use instead of Dijon (which I don't have). I've just established that I have a much smaller storage area overall. I'm going to miss my old pantry.

Not so much April showers as Winter downpour :( :rain::rain::rain::rain:

We love it here after about 4 months of virtually no rain. But ours is at least warm rain. And although it increases the humidity, it generally keeps the temperature down. Only 26 degC at present, not even the need for a fan.

We love it here after about 4 months of virtually no rain. But ours is at least warm rain. And although it increases the humidity, it generally keeps the temperature down. Only 26 degC at present, not even the need for a fan.

Fair enough but here it is cold and damp.

no heavy rain up here yet - just getting cold again but it is frighteningly cloudy

It is frustrating because my garden needs tidying up after a very wet winter, grass is long, lots of weeds etc.. I have been outside whenever the weather has been dry but it has only been for shirt periods of time, so don't get chance to do much.

A good day here. It was such nice weather out to start, then the wife went out shopping while my boy and I shot 9 holes and drove a coupla buckets of balls, then an easy commute into work (for a Saturday).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom