The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not far away from putting Xmas lights up outside. I get a kick at seeing them, and watching people look at them as they walk past.

Russ

Our newish neighbours have little lit-up decorations on their front but they have 2 little kids so fair enough.

The shop floor have their tree up, no doubt the office tree will go up next week sometime bah humbug

It is only November so for me it us too early however we are looking to go into town on Sunday to do our Christmas shopping, if there is anything we can't get then we have plenty of time to look elsewhere.

We were up and about early this morning so the grocery shopping was done with the minimum of fuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm putting up Christmas decorations today.

I need to run to the store to buy 2 more White Pine garlands to use like a bunting on the front porch.

I'll post a pic later.

Granddaughter here last night so watched karate kid 2010 last night , I enjoyed it. Wife and her out for a walk this morning and hot chocolate at the whinging Pom. A cafe not far from me. He's from the uk. We call English people poms here. Some say it's from when convicts were sent to Australia. Poms, prisoner of mother England. That's one theory. The other is 10£ poms when they left to emigrate to Aus. Anyway, sorry about o.t. Giggle the whinging Pom to get more info.

Xmas lights were supposed to be done last night with the tree. Maybe after their walk. Outside ones are solar power so just put up and leave. I love Xmas and family and friends around.

Russ

Yesterday afternoon wife and granddaughter went Xmas shopping for their annual shop for the needy. Our local mall have a collection point for gifts for the not so fortunate in our community. They normally buy about 10 X $5 gifts for kids. It's a way of teaching our grandkids to appreciate what they have. This year they are doing something I find a bit odd. Gifts are to be unwrapped. I guess it's because they can see where to channel the gift?? Our granddaughter Isla loves shopping. I guess it's a woman thing. I didn't go. Lol.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom