The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby's plane had been delayed. He's meant to fly tomorrow at 08:40. Is been delayed until 12:30. Its only 21:30 the night before on an internal aussie flight that doesn't fly into offer or of Sydney (bad weather there today caused problems. We had same bad weather in Canberra but planes still managed to land and take off. .) Actually today never got above 3.8°C here all day and the gales have had tbe chickens tumbling head over heels when they've dared leave the chook house... it's bitterly cold even without the wind chill and the snow thrown at me at high velocity... brrrrr definite woolly hat weather today.

Seems that hubby's plane had been scheduled to be delayed. Its the only one delayed out of Canberra today. Problem is he had to make a connecting flight. It's that badly delayed that he won't make his connecting flight. Next flight is this evening but it won't get him into his destination airport until long after a safety briefing should have been taken. Without doing the safety briefing he can't do what he was meant to be doing hence no point in going in tbe first place. He's not going to be impressed. Neither will the client.

Seems that hubby's plane had been scheduled to be delayed. Its the only one delayed out of Canberra today. Problem is he had to make a connecting flight. It's that badly delayed that he won't make his connecting flight. Next flight is this evening but it won't get him into his destination airport until long after a safety briefing should have been taken. Without doing the safety briefing he can't do what he was meant to be doing hence no point in going in tbe first place. He's not going to be impressed. Neither will the client.

We get fog here in winter, our airports been shut for about 5 different days this winter.

Russ

Nice.

Here is my home, featuring my local pub and it's cycling club which I help lead ( I appear briefly)

View: https://youtu.be/D4MsHkPfdPM

Thanks for that. I enjoyed it. I don't think I've been there but I would if I get back to the uk. My wife follows Chelsea but does also bet on football. She backed Leicester a few years ago and got odds of ? 100:1 from memory .
She was very happy for ages after that collect,lol.

Russ

We get fog here in winter, our airports been shut for about 5 different days this winter.

Russ
This is only his plane. Every other flight out of Canberra airport is on time today and the plane itself landed there yesterday. Its that delayed that he's missing his flights onward, now staying overnight in Brisbane and the flying on to a 3rd airport tomorrow to then pick up a different connection to his final destination. He'll be lucky to get there before lunchtime tomorrow now... every other flight, even with other airlines are fully booked in all classes.

Canberra airport is rarely ever shut. We just don't have that kind of weather systems here. It's odd but that's how it is. It's at 750m on a massive plain. Usually it is near on perfect conditions 99% of the time we've lived here. I think this is maintenance on the plane. The very same flight was delayed last week as well. (You can only get 7 days history with the free flight finder site or whatever it was called).

bastille day.jpg

.JFIF files.

I've noticed recently that some files downloaded from the internet are in the .JFIF format.

However, many graphics programs (AFAIK) will not read this format but it should be easy to edit and change the extension to .JPG, albeit some quality will be lost.

XenForo forum software does not accept the .JFIF format for uploading but strangely if you download an image from the forum it gives you the choice of saving it in .JPEG or .JFIF formats.

Not a complaint, just an observation.

That's easily remedied but I don't know if it can display them as a 'picture's file. Only one easy to find out.

I've just conducted a quick test and it's apparent that many graphics programs do accept .JFIF image files. It may only be my version of Photoshop that does not (CS6 Version 13.0 x64)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom