The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're both the other way. As long as it's a decent airport, I'm good for three or four hours. I really hate flying, the whole process, so I like to have a lot of time to de-stress between checking and, finding the gate, and eventually boarding.

Changi Airport I could spend, and have spent, some time in. Dubai airport likewise. However, some of the "smaller" airports can be a real pain; and Denpasar (Bali) was one of them!

Changi Airport I could spend, and have spent, some time in. Dubai airport likewise. However, some of the "smaller" airports can be a real pain; and Denpasar (Bali) was one of them!
We have used both Dubai and Changi airport and we've reached the conclusion that we never want to see Changi airport again. We hated it both times we used it this time around. Both times the ground staff let us down and didn't get my wheelchair out of the hold for us to use despite it being clearly labeled to be available. They just produced a generic airport wheelchair that come with no seat pads and no ability for the person sitting in the wheelchair no manoeuvre themselves around (only be pushed around by others). Both times they insisted on my boots being taken off and scanned (no other airport did and we had 4 flights each way) and were just generally unhelpful towards us. We didn't like the airport one bit and it was a relief just to be back on the plane fire either the next 7hr or 13hr leg of the flight. Dubai, well the contrast could not have been greater. Next time we return to the UK, it will not be using any flight that goes via Changi. I shudder just at the thought of the place.

@SatNavSaysStraightOn - that's exactly how I feel about Atlanta, and for much the same reason; p iss-poor airport workers.

MrsTasty sees flying as something to be endured to get to where you want to go, so she's much more forgiving about that stuff, even though she's the one who usually needs some assistance.

She's always mad at me because our local carrier is Delta, and Delta goes through Atlanta a lot, and I always refuse to do it, and we pay more to skip Atlanta. She's talked me into trying them again next year, after what will be a five year absence, but I'm not looking forward to it.

We're both the other way. As long as it's a decent airport, I'm good for three or four hours. I really hate flying, the whole process, so I like to have a lot of time to de-stress between checking and, finding the gate, and eventually boarding.
We always book into an executive lounge. At £20-£30 per head it's a no-brainer. An area of peace and tranquility with unlimited free food and alcohol.

We always book into an executive lounge. At £20-£30 per head it's a no-brainer. An area of peace and tranquility with unlimited free food and alcohol.
We've done that the last couple of times, and it does make all the difference.

Today will be the 30th day this summer with temps 90F or higher, and we've got several more coming. :heat::sun:

We've done that the last couple of times, and it does make all the difference.

Today will be the 30th day this summer with temps 90F or higher, and we've got several more coming. :heat::sun:
Same here. I feel like I'm living in the desert. Ugh.

Its a delightful 20 C (68 F) here, with sunshine. Perfect!
No gloating. Lol
Actually, it's supposed to be 104 degrees today. Every other year, when it's this hot, the AC HVAC system leaks, & I have to call someone out in the heat. My stomach is always in knots, since my system is over 20 years old. A new one costs about $6500. I've been checking it for leaks every day. There is some small leaking. It drys over night. Unsure if I should call a repairman yet. Maybe small leaking/ condensation? is normal when it's this hot. Unsure. Crossing my fingers to get through another very hot Summer.

No gloating. Lol
Actually, it's supposed to be 104 degrees today. Every other year, when it's this hot, the AC/HVAC system leaks, & I have to call someone out in the heat. My stomach is always in knots, since my system is over 20 years old. A new one costs about $6500. I've been checking it for leaks every day. There is some small leaking. It drys over night. Unsure if I should call a repairman yet. Maybe small leaking/ condensation? is normal when it's this hot. Unsure. Crossing my fingers to get through another very hot Summer.

Sorry - I am very sympathetic as I can't even tolerate temperatures in the late 70's let alone 90's. We recently had the hottest day on record here and I literally couldn't move without feeling ill. I sat covered in wet face cloths with a fan blowing at me all day. Ghastly.

I can't handle heat either. The excessive heat warnings here are too often. Last Summer, it went to 112 - 117. That's not normal weather for this area. I seriously worry the HVAC will break down, and I'll have to somehow get to a cooling center. Should be back to normal? in a few weeks.

Sorry - I am very sympathetic as I can't even tolerate temperatures in the late 70's let alone 90's. We recently had the hottest day on record here and I literally couldn't move without feeling ill. I sat covered in wet face cloths with a fan blowing at me all day. Ghastly.

There are only about two months of the year when our daytime temperatures drop below 30 degC (87 degF). It's currently 21:00 here and the temperature is 30 degC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom