The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do a bit - but it is very little used now in the UK. In fact I can't recall the last time I heard it unless it is said 'tongue in cheek'. In New Zealand it seems to be quite an everyday term going by what @rascal has said in the past.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, I also call the women a Doris, don't know why but I've called them that as well for 30 plus years.

Russ

Yesterday we went to Oia, stunning but very crowded, however well worth a visit.

FB_IMG_1568185277292.jpg

20190910_192023.jpg

And with so many new emoji!!! 🥳
it's the little things in life and there was me with a major victory (verses new coding and a server that well it just wasn't playing fair that's all I want to say about the matter..... ) a major victory just getting some of the colouring correct for the Prefixes...

1568186325627.png

I think hubby is home and might just be expecting food 🥘 , of which there is none. It could be beans on toast... :toast: found toast, but not beans... (using the search option, it's much quicker if less fun!)

Today is our last full day:( we leave tomorrow on an evening flight so this evening we are looking to have a special meal.

We checked out at midday, lunch a mooch and back to the hotel. We sat by the pool, in the cool shade waiting for 5.30 to shower and change into our travelling clothes ready for the taxi pick-up at 6.20.
I like not having to rush but waiting around is a bit of a pain but can't be helped.

I like not having to rush but waiting around is a bit of a pain but can't be helped.

We were travelling back from Bali to Kuala Lumpur and I asked the hotel staff to arrange a taxi to the airport at 12 noon. "What time is your flight?" he asked. "13:30" I replied. "What if there's a lot of traffic?" (It was c. 30 minutes to the airport). "If we're too late, we'll get the next flight". "What if there isn't a next flight?". "We'll tell the taxi driver to bring us back here and catch a flight tomorrow!".

I really hate hanging around in airports.

I really hate hanging around in airports.
We're both the other way. As long as it's a decent airport, I'm good for three or four hours. I really hate flying, the whole process, so I like to have a lot of time to de-stress between checking and, finding the gate, and eventually boarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom