The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And don't get me started on the dropping the back seats thing...
He won't. The side tables come ready assembled. We've already 2 bales of hay and a wheelchair in the boot.
Now I could easily get 3 side tables in as well if I was allowed to drop the back seats. It would take me nothing more than a few moments. The design is so simple on his vehicle that even I can manage the double seat, not just the single seat. They are sprung so do themselves for you.
But because he won't drop the seats, he is now going back on Wednesday to collect them. We could have brought them home today but no... I could have had them in situ and the sitting room tidy for the inspection, but no. I'll be trying to do that the d day of the inspection instead now (can't do it on the Thursday because I have a medical appointment) grrr.

The thing with the hay bales - we have that happen sometimes, where there's a task suited to one of us, and the other wants it done right now, but the one who's going to do it would prefer to wait.

That means the one who wants it done right now gets mad and starts doing the task, causing the one who is more suited to do it to get huffy and say something like, "Pardon me, darling, but I was planning to do that, just a bit later, dear." - though it comes out more like "Jesu* F*****g Chri*t! Are you deaf?!?! I told you I'd do it later! Crap, just get outta my g*d*mn way and I'll do it now, just to get some peace and quiet!"

:laugh:

A week or so of disruption from today as we're having the house repainted, inside and out.

Do you not paint yourself? I'm not a painter but I do all my painting and wall papering. Maybe I'm just a tight wad,lol. Although upstairs outside need doing ATM, I may have to pay someone to do that? Height bothers me!!

Russ

And don't get me started on the dropping the back seats thing...
He won't. The side tables come ready assembled. We've already 2 bales of hay and a wheelchair in the boot.
Now I could easily get 3 side tables in as well if I was allowed to drop the back seats. It would take me nothing more than a few moments. The design is so simple on his vehicle that even I can manage the double seat, not just the single seat. They are sprung so do themselves for you.
But because he won't drop the seats, he is now going back on Wednesday to collect them. We could have brought them home today but no... I could have had them in situ and the sitting room tidy for the inspection, but no. I'll be trying to do that the d day of the inspection instead now (can't do it on the Thursday because I have a medical appointment) grrr.

Lol, we have the same thing here, wife buys compost and growing mix in 20 kg bags, I'm the human wheel barrow. Our driveway is only wide enough for one car and only room for one person to walk past. Which means I have to walk with one bag at a time about 20 steps to where she wants it. A trolley or barrow wouldn't get through the gap. She normally buys about 6 bags at a time. If I think ahead I back the car up the driveway. Cuts my work load down,lol.

Russ

I didn't get on the internet until late in the day, and got punched in the face by the news that Kobe Bryant, and his 13-year-old daughter died in a helicopter crash today. Kobe was only 41, himself. RIP to 9 people who perished in this crash.

CD

Last edited:
The thing with the hay bales - we have that happen sometimes, where there's a task suited to one of us, and the other wants it done right now, but the one who's going to do it would prefer to wait.

That means the one who wants it done right now gets mad and starts doing the task, causing the one who is more suited to do it to get huffy and say something like, "Pardon me, darling, but I was planning to do that, just a bit later, dear." - though it comes out more like "Jesu* F*****g Chri*t! Are you deaf?!?! I told you I'd do it later! Crap, just get outta my g*d*mn way and I'll do it now, just to get some peace and quiet!"

:laugh:
I used to be able to do it myself, that's the thing. It's only in the last 5 years that I can't.
But I can still get in to where it needs to be with the vehicle or wheelbarrow and pull it out of that. I did the wood shavings that way whilst he was away. Backed the car all the way up to three garage door and just opened that garage from inside, opened the boot and then pulled it out.

I guess I just find it difficult no longer being able to lift these things. I used to be able to with ease. Hell, i grew up in a farming community where everyone helped out at harvest or hay making and when lorries and their trailers needed unloading of hale/straw, everyone capable of lifting helped, and I was and did working along side the men until the very end. I know some of the bales where heavier than others and beyond me and the farmer accepted that and would just warm me and I'd get given a different bale (I've never been a big strapping lass but discus, javelin and shotput were my athletics skills (actually qualified for the England championships as a teenager) so I've always been able to lift more than most girls).

And I know my hubby. It would still be in the vehicle now, 24 hours later. And it was making him sneeze and his nose run whereas I love the smell, he doesn't. Or more accurately it doesn't like him.

I didn't get on the internet until late in the day, and got punched in the face by the news that Kobe Bryant, and his 13-year-old daughter died in a helicopter crash today. Kobe was only 41, himself. RIP to 9 people who perished in this crash.

CD

NBA teams all over started games today by taking 24 second violations, and 8 second backcourt violations in honor of Kobe, who wore the numbers 24 and 8 in his career.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs7jxM-2WGA&t=8s

CD

I guess I just find it difficult no longer being able to lift these things. I used to be able to with ease.
That's the root of most disagreements we have - pre-stroke, MrsTasty was a mental fireball, and now it takes her longer to express her thoughts, or to do a mental task, and she is constantly frustrated by it, seven years on (seven years this week, actually). IOW, when she's mad at me, there's a good chance she's really mad at herself. 😐

Not with the price of labour over here. I have two painters and a labourer who'll all work for 6 days and provide all the equipment (not paint) for not much more than my daily rate.

They did a little preparation work yesterday (sanding and cleaning) and early today we went to buy the paint. About 70% of the wood is now varnished and about 20% of the fence/gate painted. All the perimeter wall has been pressure washed.

We've just put in our totals for the Big Garden Birdwatch. This is something that the RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds) run each year. You just spend an hour or so at the weekend looking for birds and then tell them what you see. You don't even need a garden - you can go to the nearest park or green space and see what you can spot. Citizen science!

Watching the yearlings sale on tv. Three day sale, horses going to Australia Hong Kong, Macau and all over the place , horses going for o to over a million.
Karaka yearlings.

Russ

We've just put in our totals for the Big Garden Birdwatch. This is something that the RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds) run each year. You just spend an hour or so at the weekend looking for birds and then tell them what you see. You don't even need a garden - you can go to the nearest park or green space and see what you can spot. Citizen science!

My sons in a new subdivision, his wife commented to me when they were here the other day, they don't see birds out there as there are no old established trees. I feed the birds in my back yard daily. There's water out for them ATM, as it's been around the 30 deg c mark for a few days.

Russ

I've always have water out for the birds. This obviously now includes water for my chooks when they are out in the afternoon but also for wildlife in general. I have the great delight of watching weebills, superb fairy wrens and silvereyes taking baths every evening just before dusk. The water feeder is a chook one and on a slight angle and they have worked out exactly where to hop in and stand in a few cms of water and take a quick bath.
Other local wildlife birds have to bathe elsewhere but can drink from the same waterer as above and chooks. They waterers stand on an upturned dog bowl which puts them at exactly the right height for the magpies, rosellas and crows (not to mention the chooks) to walk up to them and drink. (On the floor and even my chooks struggle because of three angle and design). I have 4 of these around the place and every morning without fail, one of them always needs washing and cleaning. They are 5L each. Then there are a number of other waterers around the place that local wildlife and my chooks use, they are on 60L black bins with a tap hole drilled close to the bottom and a long hose pipe leads to a float device in a trough. They refill as needed. We usually have to top up one each weekend. My birds (chooks and local wildlife plus birds that is) get through a lot of water because all of them are designed for minimum evaporation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom