The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Within a 100km radius of our home some 425,000 hectares of bush are on fire. The closest has now been officially extinguished, that was 35,000 hectares, not included in that figure.

Between 100-125km away there is another 200,000 hectares currently alight.

All of the places bar one that we went to last March on my husband's birthday holiday are inside those burnt. And none are included in those figures above!

9pm at night and still 31.4°C.

At least we're not in Canberra where it's still over 35°C!

😓😓😓😓😓😓

It's not due to get any cooler than 28°C.

:heat::heat::heat::heat::heat::heat::heat::heat:

Sadly :cry:we also lost one of our chicks today when it got separated from its mother and presumably the heat and stress was too much for it. It hit 44.0°C here today.

:cry:

It's back for at least another 7 days (that's as far as I can see on the forecasts). Wind direction is SE or E, both will give smoke, as will a southerly now as well.

Those bands of brown are it back overhead and passed the house. Goodbye view and hello face masks or respirators and back on my nebulizer again!

Last edited:
Sigh...another Monday with a full slate for the job, and what I really want to do is play around with our May holiday plans. 😔

Do you not paint yourself? I'm not a painter but I do all my painting and wall papering. Maybe I'm just a tight wad,lol. Although upstairs outside need doing ATM, I may have to pay someone to do that? Height bothers me!!

You definitely would not catch me up there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom