The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrsTasty started a conversation with a topic that made me say, "I really don't want to have this conversation, because you're going to end up mad," and she pressed on anyway, and...now she's mad. :meh:

I was within 5 mins from a mass shooting at two mosques here last year, many shot dead. Luck can be good or bad. I tend to have good luck. Yorky

Russ
Hubby and I have missed a few like that over the years.
First I was really aware of was at uni. Undergraduate maths exam in 1st year... 3hr paper coming towards the end of it when the fire alarm went off, everyone evacuated. Actually turned out to be a bomb. And yes, we had to resit the 3hr paper.
Then Manchester bombing (Arndale Center) . My brother had too much stuff to come home from uni pin the coach as planned, so hubby and I drove up to Newcastle to collect him. Hubby's family from Manchester so went via bus company to check times etc because couldn't get through on phone and needed information... though nothing of going in person. Bomb went off about an hour later. Didn't know (pre mobile phone days and internet only in infant stage) so picked brother's stuff up and put him on bus to the arndale center... found out about bomb when we got to M1/M62 junction, lost him for 6 hours literally, they turned up eventually at the airport instead.
Hubby was in London for the 7/7 bombings. Never got to his destination luckily. My boss's daughter was in a building next to one of the bombs. She survived thankfully, but not uninjured.
Growing up my bestfriend's mum was shot in a random shooting in Northern Ireland (her family were Irish) whilst visiting home. Again, she was lucky. She survived but it was touch and go for a while. Machine guns and gunshots to the thigh are not a good combination.

Hubby and I have missed a few like that over the years.
First I was really aware of was at uni. Undergraduate maths exam in 1st year... 3hr paper coming towards the end of it when the fire alarm went off, everyone evacuated. Actually turned out to be a bomb. And yes, we had to resit the 3hr paper.
Then Manchester bombing (Arndale Center) . My brother had too much stuff to come home from uni pin the coach as planned, so hubby and I drove up to Newcastle to collect him. Hubby's family from Manchester so went via bus company to check times etc because couldn't get through on phone and needed information... though nothing of going in person. Bomb went off about an hour later. Didn't know (pre mobile phone days and internet only in infant stage) so picked brother's stuff up and put him on bus to the arndale center... found out about bomb when we got to M1/M62 junction, lost him for 6 hours literally, they turned up eventually at the airport instead.
Hubby was in London for the 7/7 bombings. Never got to his destination luckily. My boss's daughter was in a building next to one of the bombs. She survived thankfully, but not uninjured.
Growing up my bestfriend's mum was shot in a random shooting in Northern Ireland (her family were Irish) whilst visiting home. Again, she was lucky. She survived but it was touch and go for a while. Machine guns and gunshots to the thigh are not a good combination.

Seems we are all lucky.

Russ

Tom and Jerry are 80 years old today.

:hug: for you both.
Thank you. Sorry, didn't mean to sound alarming, it wasn't an emergency. We're at the docs' so much, I forget it's not a routine thing for everyone. :)

Anyway, the good news is, they finally caught a small heart episode on her implanted monitor. Now they have an idea of what's going on. The doc wants to treat it with meds first, and if she has another episode, they'll talk about going ahead with surgery.

All in all, a good visit, and when she saw her weight this time around, she sat down an ordered a treadmill from Amazon while she waited for the doc. :laugh:

Lazy Tuesday here, have to go get some rum later for the week. Nice clear sky and around 22 deg c. I may make pesto with basil from the garden.

Russ

when she saw her weight this time around, she sat down an ordered a treadmill from Amazon while she waited for the doc. :laugh:
I'm having to keep prodding hubby... he hasn't left the house since coming home from hospital on Friday (but he's only missed gales, storms, torrential rain and flooding, so not much). He's at the doctors this afternoon which will be an achievement... Then the chemist for more meds and then he wants toast and coffee at the cafe across the road... guess the scooter is coming with us.

I hired him one of these.

After I saw him on the crutches. He's been having huge fun in the house wheeling around in circles. There's a circuit in the house that runs, kitchen, dining room, sitting room, hallway, and back to kitchen. He does circuits though occasionally also does U turns in the sitting room...
He's having way too much fun imo... :laugh:

I'm having to keep prodding hubby... he hasn't left the house since coming home from hospital on Friday (but he's only missed gales, storms, torrential rain and flooding, so not much). He's at the doctors this afternoon which will be an achievement... Then the chemist for more meds and then he wants toast and coffee at the cafe across the road... guess the scooter is coming with us.

I hired him one of these.

View attachment 37576

After I saw him on the crutches. He's been having huge fun in the house wheeling around in circles. There's a circuit in the house that runs, kitchen, dining room, sitting room, hallway, and back to kitchen. He does circuits though occasionally also does U turns in the sitting room...
He's having way too much fun imo... :laugh:

Most blokes still have the inner kid,lol.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom