The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like "Talk Shows " and avoid watching them. G will watch them and I hear bits and pieces. Those self appointed experts and spokesmen are making Covid19 a race issue. :banghead:
Makes me want to :yuck:on my favorite pair of shoes.
A bunch of blithering idiots
Not sure what's happening over there, but here in the UK it is a bit of a race issue. It is reported that black and ethnic minorities make up 34% of confirmed cases, whilst only being 14% of the total population.

I do not like "Talk Shows " and avoid watching them. G will watch them and I hear bits and pieces. Those self appointed experts and spokesmen are making Covid19 a race issue. :banghead:
Makes me want to :yuck:on my favorite pair of shoes.
A bunch of blithering idiots

They do the same with weight issues, there is a correlation with body fat causing Corona to last longer but it's being used to fuel a storm of fat hating and discussions about whether fat people (and disabled people) have a right to treatment. It's depressing to hear.

All prejudice always comes to the forefront in times of crisis . Rascism , sexisism ( violence against women is up 25% globally since the start of the crisis) and other forms of discrimination.

Niece and her family are staying at house on her parents horse farm, Niece lives in Plano, Tx.
While walking around the property with her babies she found 2 baby owls on the ground. One looked Ok, the other looked really rough. She found a local woman who does bird rescue . Bird woman kept the owl that didn't look like it would survive and told Niece to return the other to the nest. The next day that owl was gone. Bird woman called. After antibiotics and hydration the second owl was doing fine. She instructed niece to attach a crate to a tree high enough to be out of reach of predators. So far so good. The parents are bringing food to the baby. There are pellets in the crate (regurgitated fur and bones)
I thought that was pretty cool

I'm making a double batch of tomato sauce soon, then I'm making hot chilli sauce, I've been out for months but finally got red capsicums yesterday at a good price.
Pics to follow.

The price of capsicums varies substantially here. One week they are ฿45.00 each and the following week they could be ฿40.00 for three.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom