The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, what is the thinking behind prohibition?

There's a few rumoured reasons but the one that's ahead is that the government have shut down the Thai New Year festivities (13th - 15th April) when normally the population goes crazy and many people party and get very, very drunk. The government considers that the populous will ignore the instructions to stay home therefore they have banned the sale of alcohol at this time. However, the majority of the provinces only instigated the ban on Sunday so either the government thought the populous too stupid to see this coming and stock up or it's the government that's stupid.

There's a few rumoured reasons but the one that's ahead is that the government have shut down the Thai New Year festivities (13th - 15th April) when normally the population goes crazy and many people party and get very, very drunk. The government considers that the populous will ignore the instructions to stay home therefore they have banned the sale of alcohol at this time. However, the majority of the provinces only instigated the ban on Sunday so either the government thought the populous too stupid to see this coming and stock up or it's the government that's stupid.
Ta. I think the opposite is the case in Britain, if the Government tried to ban alcohol then there would be riots, it's bad enough that the chip shops are closed.

Ta. I think the opposite is the case in Britain, if the Government tried to ban alcohol then there would be riots, it's bad enough that the chip shops are closed.
I think that's how it is here. In our state, anyway, the governor is going out of his way to make sure alcohol continues to be available.

I did laundry yesterday. I washed the key fob for my MINI... again. :facepalm:

I have it buried in a bowl of rice to dry out. Last time I did this, it worked fine after drying in rice. I hope it works again. I can't find my second fob, and you NEED to have the fob to start the car.

CD

I did laundry yesterday. I washed the key fob for my MINI... again. :facepalm:

I have it buried in a bowl of rice to dry out. Last time I did this, it worked fine after drying in rice. I hope it works again. I can't find my second fob, and you NEED to have the fob to start the car.

CD
The passive circuit might work so you can hold it against the steering column at the marked spot and the car will detect its presence. I had to do this when I ignored the replace battery warning for too long and it decided to give up completely.

I didn't hear that. What a great racer. I had the honor of meeting him a few times, and had tea with him and his lovely wife. We had a great conversation. RIP Sir Stirling.

CD

I immediately thought of you when I heard this, he won the nz Grand Prix I think in 59 ????
A great memory to take with you cd.
We used to have in summer every year the lady wigwam trophy. The top motor race here run on an Air Force base circuit. Jam packed every year. It's finished now, downsized and another track. Not like the old days. I used to go every year, I love car racing. Some greats won the race , Nikkei Lauder jochen rhint off the top,of my head.

Russ

I immediately thought of you when I heard this, he won the nz Grand Prix I think in 59 ????
A great memory to take with you cd.
We used to have in summer every year the lady wigwam trophy. The top motor race here run on an Air Force base circuit. Jam packed every year. It's finished now, downsized and another track. Not like the old days. I used to go every year, I love car racing. Some greats won the race , Nikkei Lauder jochen rhint off the top,of my head.

Russ

Niki Lauda, perhaps? Have you watched the movie Rush, about the rivalry between Lauda and Jame Hunt in F1? Great movie.

CD

Niki Lauda, perhaps? Have you watched the movie Rush, about the rivalry between Lauda and Jame Hunt in F1? Great movie.

CD

Il look on Netflix, I recently watched the steve McQueen doco, I enjoyed it. Love speed, I used to race stock cars in my late teens. I was pretty good if I must say so. We got paid if we got rolled or rolled another, it was fun. :)

Russ

Last week a colleague and friend was off work,I sent her a personal message asking how she was, no rep!y. She was back in work today, asked her how she was and was told 'fine thanks'. All day she has had a face like a slapped a**e no idea why :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom