The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for being supportive guys, it means a lot 😍 but I don't mean to hijack this thread, so let's get back to normal. I'm OK and my issues are being dealt with. Thanks for listening.

Now what's cooking today at yours?
Bella you hijack no thing, some time we need leg up; as Ray say; PM me any times you wish OK.

Sarana x

DEC0D75E-9796-4889-9473-52D5B61948A1.jpeg

It’s mid-April...of course it’s snowing.

I didn't hear that. What a great racer. I had the honor of meeting him a few times, and had tea with him and his lovely wife. We had a great conversation. RIP Sir Stirling.

CD

I found a pic of Stirling mos on the net the other day, in nz working on a race car. I think he won nz Grand Prix? I can't find pic now,nuts.

Russ

So, I'm working in my kitchen, and I hear a loud BOOM, followed by some crashing noises.

"I know that sound!"

I ran out to check it out, and sure enough, it was the sound of an automobile hitting a tree... a brick piracy wall, a steel sign a row of hedges. It was a pickup truck. It ended up in some poor guy's front yard.

I have to give the driver credit for effort, as he/she bounced that truck around like a pinball. And, it's not the first time someone has taken out trees, walls, signs and fences at that intersection, and it is a very simple intersection with a four-way stop. This is the third time -- different corner every time. Technically, this driver mowed down two corners of the same intersection. The tree from one corner ended up across the street on another corner.

_DSC1062-2.jpg

The hedge and tree were right about where the man in the pale green shirt is.

Amazing what people can do if they try hard enough.

Oh, nobody was hurt.

CD

A couple of guys in a pickup took a garden wall out in the village early morning last year. The pickup was towed away and the incident was never heard of again. I've no idea who paid for the damage.

Interestingly, the vehicle was a police pickup and the two occupants were policeman.

Woke up to 3°C (37°F) this morning. Came as a bit of a surprise. It was meant to be much warmer.
Anyhow, time to wrap up warm and bring in some more wood... the 2nd way it gets you warm. Parents are over this afternoon for lunch (pancakes) and for hubby to get their extended visa application sorted. We're part way through it.

Luckily with them now having our vehicles main vehicle, any police rego check simply sees our vehicle heading towards our house. They're also driving around with a couple of bags of chicken feed and a little shopping for us on the grounds that they don't have to have bought it the same day they deliver it to us...

But police are currently only pulling over vehicles with non-state/territory plates (so ACT rego vehicles in NSW region) even though we live on the border and our closest shops are in ACT. Sticking on the major highways seems to be working though because it would need a awful lot of police and road traffic workers to pull everything over on the highway whereas a small local road is much easier to block... but shopping for food even if it is for chooks or other livestock is an essential activity as I suspect applying for a visa extension also is!

Woke up to 3°C (37°F) this morning. Came as a bit of a surprise. It was meant to be much warmer.
Anyhow, time to wrap up warm and bring in some more wood... the 2nd way it gets you warm. Parents are over this afternoon for lunch (pancakes) and for hubby to get their extended visa application sorted. We're part way through it.

Luckily with them now having our vehicles main vehicle, any police rego check simply sees our vehicle heading towards our house. They're also driving around with a couple of bags of chicken feed and a little shopping for us on the grounds that they don't have to have bought it the same day they deliver it to us...

But police are currently only pulling over vehicles with non-state/territory plates (so ACT rego vehicles in NSW region) even though we live on the border and our closest shops are in ACT. Sticking on the major highways seems to be working though because it would need a awful lot of police and road traffic workers to pull everything over on the highway whereas a small local road is much easier to block... but shopping for food even if it is for chooks or other livestock is an essential activity as I suspect applying for a visa extension also is!

Limited stops here, only heard of one person pulled over. Essential driving only. I went out to get some rum ( private contactless) 2 cars in my 20 minute drive around back streets. Last trip was 3 days ago, 5 cars.
You're lucky you have parents to help out. :)

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom