The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I steal this from someone here

Also raining here in Portugal. Rained heavily during the morning. Seems to have stopped now. I need to go to the supermarket at the end of the day and I bet it'll be raining by then :roflmao:

They show a Doonesbury cartoon in The Guardian on Fridays. Had to laugh at a line in today's:
"Can finally confirm that POTUS "barely knew" John Bolton. Official list of people he knows well is now down to three of his five children."
Ruth Bader Ginsberg (SCOTUS) died today. She was really hoping to last until we had a new POTUS. I was, too. So, Trump is going to pick a new Justice, which will surely pander to Evangelicals, the wealthy and powerful, and white people.

But, in the short term, it's going to be pandemonium in Washington over who should select the new Justice. If you think the US couldn't be more divided, watch.

CD

Its hot with strong Bura wind from the north. It's the fag end of the summer. Tomorrow the Bura will cool down so we can go fishing for the day. Split - BBC Weather

Been a nice day here, I'm cooking, wife's planting in the garden. I gave her beans and silver beet to plant out. Bring on summer. Cosmos flowers ready to go out as well..

Russ

A hot day today but very windy so not too sure if I am going to put the clothes airer outside, who knows where the washing would end up?

Whoa, cold this morning...39F/6C when I got up. Lows were in the 70's just a week or so ago.

Breaking out the Winter shirts later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom