The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling better than last week. Thanks for all your support, you guys are awesome :love:

Since my ileus in december, I am discovering which foods cause me pain/and or blockages.

So far found to be off limits are;
Green Vegetables
Most cabbages
Leafy greens
Raw any vegetable except cucumber without peel
Most beans & pulses
Raw peppers & tomatoes
Zucchini ( courgette)
Corn ( I found out today)
Whole wheat bread
Certain nut based pastes
Too Much nuts in general
Brown rice
Most types of grains
Must be careful with seeded fruit like watermelon, and oranges

Yes.. this list is quite extensive and not great at all to keep healthy.
But on the upside, since I stopped eating all this I stopped being in heavy pain every single day. I can now do with one tramadol a week, instead of two a day.

So I am eating more fruit to compensate, and more of the veg I can eat. It does however cause less colorful plates.

I had a doctor's appointment tomorrow but changed it into a phone appointment, I have a sore throat since yesterday. It's probably allergies because my throat is itchy and it's worse in the morning, but I don't want to put anyone at risk. I don't have a fever either. Temperature is getting warmer in Portugal but I still felt freezing today, my temperature was at 35 Celsius which is normal for me. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.
Hope your appointment went well and you are feeling better. ;-)

Feeling better than last week. Thanks for all your support, you guys are awesome :love:

Since my ileus in december, I am discovering which foods cause me pain/and or blockages.

Green Vegetables
Most cabbages
Leafy greens
Most beans & pulses
Raw peppers & tomatoes
Zucchini ( courgette)
Whole wheat bread
Certain nut based pastes
Too Much nuts in general
Brown rice
Most types of grains

But on the upside, since I stopped eating all this I stopped being in heavy pain every single day. I can now do with one tramadol a week, instead of two a day.

So I am eating more fruit to compensate, and more of the veg I can eat. It does however cause less colorful plates.
That's a shame, mostly healthy stuff you can't eat there. What can you eat that is healthy but doesn't cause you problems?

Green Vegetables
Most cabbages
Leafy greens
Most beans & pulses
Raw peppers & tomatoes
Zucchini ( courgette)
Whole wheat bread
Certain nut based pastes
Too Much nuts in general
Brown rice
Most types of grains

Don't know whether to give a thumbs up.or a sad face since some is good news, some bad in that your diet is getting so limited, but glad you are feeling better.

Oh, that's no fun! I'm sorry, but am happy that you don't need a COVID test. Plenty of water, rest and happy thoughts are healing! ;-)
Thank you! ❤️ I'd prefer to do the covid test, but it needs to be prescribed by the this healthcare line. They'll call me tomorrow to see how I'm doing anyway.

Last edited:

Green Vegetables
Most cabbages
Leafy greens
Most beans & pulses
Raw peppers & tomatoes
Zucchini ( courgette)
Whole wheat bread
Certain nut based pastes
Too Much nuts in general
Brown rice
Most types of grains

I'm sorry you are going through this. I've been through it several times. If you ever want to chat via pm, I'll listen. :hug:

That's a shame, mostly healthy stuff you can't eat there. What can you eat that is healthy but doesn't cause you problems?
Oh not to worry thankfully I am creative in the kitchen.

Veg I can eat:
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Carrots
Pea puree
Parsnip
Beetroot
Mashed brussel sprouts
Tinned tomatoes
Onions ( sauteed)
Olives
Cucumbers without peel
Eggplant needs to be tested
Avocado
Finely chopped herbs
Garlic
Lentils
Pureed peppers
Blitzed chickpeas (hummus )

Fruits:
Citrus juice
Berries
Mango
Apples, pears, plums
Bananas
Watermelon without seeds
Dates
Fresh figs

So is it's certainly doable but I will just miss the flavor of most veg because I love eating them

Last edited:
Don't know whether to give a thumbs up.or a sad face since some is good news, some bad in that your diet is getting so limited, but glad you are feeling better.
Being without pain after being severely limited by severe chronic pain is amazing. The diet stuff is a loss but compared to suddenly being free of pain it's worth it. So yeah, happy face here :okay:

Green Vegetables
Most cabbages
Leafy greens
Most beans & pulses
Raw peppers & tomatoes
Zucchini ( courgette)
Whole wheat bread
Certain nut based pastes
Too Much nuts in general
Brown rice
Most types of grains

Does it make any difference if the veg you mention are puréed?

More good news regarding stepson:

His treatment facility has room for him next tuesday, and it's definite. So instead of Jan 30th, he'll be moving next tuesday. I can't really believe it, my husband is overjoyed. I am just expecting another dissapointment, and will start being happy when he's actually there.
Good news too, is that stepson is exited to go. He wants the treatment, thank the Gods.
Were you able to get your stepson placed today? I hope so!

Were you able to get your stepson placed today? I hope so!
Yup he's there! Very proud of him daring to take this step. He was very scared, but he didn't waver.
That's the reason I baked Cheesecake, to celebrate our new start tomorrow ( he got chocolate to take wiTh him, he hates cheesecake). And he's now officially been diagnosed with ARFID ( adult restrictive food intake disorder) which I had been trying to prove for years. So he will get help with that too.

I am very relieved, but it still has to sink in. My husband and I will take a holiday next week and the week after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom