The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cat indeed has thyroid disease. We're getting medicinal feed for him tomorrow. Otherwise he's back to his usual self.

I had a Himalayan that nearly made it to 20 last year. We had to protect her from a puppy we got last year: he couldn't understand why she didn't want to play with him. Fortunately, someone was home at all times, so she got to enjoy sitting out in the sun and relaxing.

The view today.

We are both happy this morning.The £ has strengthened against the Kuna by about 11%. If this prediction carries on it will mean my income will increase by 25%. I transfer sterling into my £ account here. I have resisted changing any for two month.

Pound Sterling Could Recover to Pre-Brexit Levels says Capital Economics, Predict Gains against Both Euro and Dollar for 2021​

The crime scene

All of those white dots are feathers. What you can't easily see are the brown or the red feathers... But they are there. This is from just 3 birds who have just started molting. I have a flock of 25ish...

The (some of) culprits and the hard life they have free ranging!

The top chook is the girl in the photo above in the far right. She's a Rhode Island Red and over 8 years old now and other than old woman's legs she looks to be in better health now than when she was a layer (she's a rescue from a breeder).

You can even see the feathers hanging off her! (A lavender Sussex (there are 3 identical ones and we've resorted to coloured cable ties on their legs to identify them))

Hey I realised I might not have said this: if you or your family are suffering from Corona, you have my deepest concern and well wishes. I just have unfollowed the thread for a long time now because the lockdown plus all my personal problems are too much for me to handle right now.
Just know I do care about members affected :hug:

caseydog how are you doing there? Some of my colleagues in Texas have been out of water and electricity :(

I'm glad you have heat! Do you know anyone who's had problems with their water? Depending on how badly the pipes were laid, some are having burst pipes. :(
Burst pipes are very common here when I gets cold, because the houses here are not built for cold weather, and people just buy them because they’re cheap.

that is not a problem with my house because I had it built to my specifications, and I made sure frozen pipes were not gonna be a problem.

as for this particular cold storm, there have been problems with water treatment plants failing, due to no power. That has not been a problem where I live, but a lot of people in Texas are on boil water instructions. They are on boil water instructions because the water treatment plant have failed due to the excessive cold weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom