The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure most of you know about 1 of the hot ongoing issues in American politics - abortion. Whether you are pro choice or pro life, the below has to be quite frankly the most downright stupid answer I've ever heard from a politician. I  really hope this answer was taken way out of context or is false reporting. And to think that this man is Florida's governor? 🤷‍♀️

"When asked whether a woman seeking an abortion was actively participating in the termination of her pregnancy, DeSantis replied: "No, because she's not a medical practitioner."
Is walking into the office/clinic, stating you are there for an abortion, signing the consent, walking back to the procedure room, undressing, putting on a gown, climbing up onto the table, and putting your feet in the stirrups, and lying there still while they do the procedure not actively participating?

The above quote is being reported as being from an interview by CBS News.​

Last edited:
I'm sure most of you know about 1 of the hot ongoing issues in American politics - abortion. Whether you are pro choice or pro life, the below has to be quite frankly the most downright stupid answer I've ever heard from a politician. I  really hope this answer was taken way out of context or is false reporting. And to think that this man is Florida's governor? 🤷‍♀️

"When asked whether a woman seeking an abortion was actively participating in the termination of her pregnancy, DeSantis replied: "No, because she's not a medical practitioner."
Is walking into the office/clinic, stating you are there for an abortion, signing the consent, walking back to the procedure room, undressing, putting on a gown, climbing up onto the table, and putting your feet in the stirrups, and lying there still while they do the procedure not actively participating?

The above quote is being reported as being from an interview by CBS News.​

Don't forget, like all good Conservatives, the male Governor knows more about women than women do. However, old Ronny was so good to his wife while being treated for cancer. He picked up "her" kids (from somewhere) when she was too weak to do it. “And he did it with humility, and he did it with love, and I’ll tell you what. You can’t ask for a better husband than that.”

CD

doh!!
I watched a little bit of the Republican debate.
Ronnie may have been a front runner before, but he went right down in my appreciation after that. The man's a dodo.

The weather is all over the place at the moment...

Tomorrow a high of 29°C or 84F
Screenshot_20230918_180811_Weatherzone+.jpg

Friday a low of -2°C or 24F (?)
Screenshot_20230918_180913_Weatherzone+.jpg

:o_o:

I’m ding-dong dog tired today, and grumpy because of it.

It started Wednesday night, prepping for the butt scan, virtually no sleep. Thursday I slept, but a really intense, unnatural post-anesthesia sleep.

I knew I had to be up for work Saturday night, so just the thought that I really needed to get some good sleep Friday night had just the opposite effect.

Saturday night at work was our semi-annual “flip everything over to the redundant data processing center” - thousands of us across the company involved, and I worked straight through from 10:30PM Saturday to noon Sunday, and because I really can’t sleep during the day, I pretty much just walked around in zombie mode for the rest of the day, until bedtime, and had another night of extremely deep sleep, which sounds good, but really isn’t (at least not for me).

…and I start on-call this week, I already know I have one night of scheduled work coming up, and I’ve got to work Saturday morning.

:cry:

I sympathise. Not sleeping properly is definitely the best way to crankiness.
You know - you walk into an IHOP and you get this bouncy waitress who shrills:
"HIIIIIII Mr Tasty!! :dance: :dance: How are you on this bright sunny morning?? :sun::sun::sun:Our specials today are 15 Premium Pancakes with whipped cream, French strawberries, maple syrup and crunchy bacon! :porky::porky::porky::porky: Or a Full English with bacon, 3 sausage, fried eggs, fried bread, fried tomato, fried mushrooms, black pudding and BAKED BEANSSSSS!!!!:chocegg::chocegg::chocegg:
OOOOHHHH, I'm sure you'd just flip over one of those!!!!"😍😍😍😍

(Mr Tasty): Why don't you go and play with the traffic on Route 66 and give me a hazy IPA and a BURGER???👹👹

I got my cast off on Friday, finally!

I now have a brace, which I still need to mostly keep on 24/7. I’m only allowed to take it off to wash my hands, and once an hour to do the prescribed stretches.

My fingers are incredibly stiff - can’t even make a loose fist or flip people off :laugh:. They’re also swollen, and my skin was all peeling. I sent a photo to my brother and he said “no offence, but gross”.

So I don’t really have my hand fully back yet, but I’m grateful to be cast-less. My hand was starting to get really itchy under there.
IMG_8254.jpeg

I now have a brace, which I still need to mostly keep on 24/7. I’m only allowed to take it off to wash my hands, and once an hour to do the prescribed stretches.

My fingers are incredibly stiff - can’t even make a loose fist or flip people off :laugh:. They’re also swollen, and my skin was all peeling. I sent a photo to my brother and he said “no offence, but gross”.

So I don’t really have my hand fully back yet, but I’m grateful to be cast-less. My hand was starting to get really itchy under there.
View attachment 104934
Great news! You’ll be back to normal and flipping people off in no time! :wink:

View attachment 104934

A cast really sucks the moisture out of skin. My forearm/hand looked gnarly when I got my cast off.

They won't let you take the brace off to sleep?

CD

A cast really sucks the moisture out of skin. My forearm/hand looked gnarly when I got my cast off.

They won't let you take the brace off to sleep?

CD
When they took the cast off my leg last year, it wasn’t too bad as far as the condition of my skin (my foot was incredibly stiff and my muscles were all atrophied, but my skin was fine!). With this one, I knew it was gonna be icky under there (could see & feel it around the cast edges), but it was pretty gross to actually see.

I was instructed to keep my brace on at all times except hand washing and stretching. I’m not allowed to take it off to sleep or even shower. I’m still using a cast cover for showers.

I had to do that with a foot brace for a while - it made sleeping almost impossible.
I found sleeping with the boot for the broken ankle incredibly annoying - the darn thing was just so bulky!

The hand brace is actually less annoying than the cast, it’s much smaller and lighter. And luckily, as long as I’m getting enough exercise to tire myself out a bit, I’m generally a pretty good sleeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom