The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I doubt any of you will be able to match my New Year´s Eve celebrations, as I shall be 33,000 ft above the Atlantic (hopefully) flying into Heathrow.
After a long and very tedious day waiting for a 9pm flight, we were abruptly informed, 30 minutes before take off, that the flight had been cancelled. No reason, no nothing. 2 more hours in a bloody queue waiting for hotel vouchers, etc., then another hour to actually get to the hotel...
Today it will be bye, bye Chicago, hello Newark, and then, I hope, bye bye Newark, hello Heathrow. Or not.
Travel! Doncha love it??

BTW it was 15°C/59 F in Berlin 0 am on NYD and that's the highest ever recorded. Just 2 other times after writing down the weather forecast it was almost that mild. They don't blame global warming though, as crazy weather scenarios are still common.

How's Mom doing @karadekoolaid ?
Report back.
Went to see her this evening at about 6pm. Not good: she ´s all skin and bones. She only eats two or three teaspoons of her food. We took her peanut butter sarnies and some peanut flavoured kit-kat bars.With a bit of luck we might get her into a Care home this week.

A really freak thing happened on NFL Monday Night Football last night. In the game between the Cincinnati Bengals and the Buffalo Bills, a defensive safety collapsed on the field after making a pretty routine tackle.

Damar Hamlin was playing safety for the Buffalo Bills on Monday night when he suddenly collapsed after a tackle on Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins. Hamlin stood up immediately after the tackle and then fell on his back seconds later. CPR was administered almost immediately after he collapsed, and medical personnel were able to revive his heartbeat while he was still at the field.

The Bills later said he suffered a cardiac arrest and was in critical condition as of early Tuesday morning at a Cincinnati hospital. He's only 24, and in top athletic condition.

The game was delayed, and then halted. They will have to finish it, probably later in the week.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipr2f656mtA

CD

I was watching the game last night as well - I was a bit late tuning in and turned on the TV as the ambulance was coming onto the field. I’ve been watching football my whole life, and never seen anything like that. It was so, so scary to see all people working on Hamlin, and the Bills players standing on the sidelines crying.

The Bills are my team. I’m so sad this happened, but glad he is alive at least, even though it sounds like nothing is guaranteed at this point.

Please learn CPR if you can. And find out if your workplace had an AED, and where it is. I’ll be doing that today.

A really freak thing happened on NFL Monday Night Football last night. In the game between the Cincinnati Bengals and the Buffalo Bills, a defensive safety collapsed on the field after making a pretty routine tackle.

Damar Hamlin was playing safety for the Buffalo Bills on Monday night when he suddenly collapsed after a tackle on Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins. Hamlin stood up immediately after the tackle and then fell on his back seconds later. CPR was administered almost immediately after he collapsed, and medical personnel were able to revive his heartbeat while he was still at the field.

The Bills later said he suffered a cardiac arrest and was in critical condition as of early Tuesday morning at a Cincinnati hospital. He's only 24, and in top athletic condition.

The game was delayed, and then halted. They will have to finish it, probably later in the week.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipr2f656mtA

CD
I was watching that game, too..it was shocking and terrifying, to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom