The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, guys! (And ladies)

I can't believe what's happening! I've had my new meds for 24 hours and it's like a magic spell has been performed, for the first time in a year my pain is gone. I can't believe how fast this works! :hyper:
:woot:

Harry is a mess, and as long as he keeps trashing everyone else, he´s staying on the same path. Too much egoism for me!

Not sure where to put this. Whilst the media and most people are trying to rip Prince Harry to pieces, this is worth considering imho.

View: https://youtu.be/dU8HSLuNhKM

I'm sure a lot of people think, "I wish I was part of the royal family." And, they think, "I sure as h@ll wouldn't complain."

But, I am personally glad that I wasn't born into that mess. How does one grow up British royalty and not be messed up inside? Everything you do your entire life is likely to end up in the news. Do an internet search on 'Prince Harry first kiss." Five pages of results. Imagine being under that microscope.

Being American, I don't have any expectations from the British royals. Having said that, I hope he got everything 'off his chest' with his new book, and he is able to move on. I don't want this drama to go on forever. Harry is in a position to do really good things for the the people of the UK, and for the rest of the world. I'd like to see him do that.

CD

Oh man. Currently awaiting an x-ray follow up for my broken ankle and the guy sitting next to me is watching videos on his phone, with the volume up and no headphones!

So inconsiderate. You’re not the only one here, put on some headphones you jerk!
Now imagine that while you're trying to sleep in a hospital ward... UGH I hate people. I hope your ankle will be on the mend soon! :hug:

That drives me nuts. It’s quickly become the #1 thing I hate about the airport.

I haven't encountered people in the airport or on planes watching things on their phones without earbuds or headphones... yet.

CD

We have proper summertime thunderstorms rolling through today, started about 6:30AM and still going strong. Very nice, though thunder and lightening and a deluge of rain in January is a little off-putting.

We have proper summertime thunderstorms rolling through today, started about 6:30AM and still going strong. Very nice, though thunder and lightening and a deluge of rain in January is a little off-putting.
We're forecast those today as well. A touch of rain would be very welcome right now.

Right. This is one for caseydog .
We were poking around the channels last night and came across a programme called " Rattlesnake Republic" Rattlers on a Roll. Some fearless blokes in Texas who catch rattlesnakes for a living. First of all, I thought it was brilliant and utterly hilarious. Secondly, I got to catch up on my language skills!
Anyone seen it?

The front went through here dry, but really tore up Alabama. Six people killed by tornadoes.

It was 84F/29C here yesterday, but only got into the 50s today.

CD

Right. This is one for caseydog .
We were poking around the channels last night and came across a programme called " Rattlesnake Republic" Rattlers on a Roll. Some fearless blokes in Texas who catch rattlesnakes for a living. First of all, I thought it was brilliant and utterly hilarious. Secondly, I got to catch up on my language skills!
Anyone seen it?

We don't have rattlers in my part of the State. Those are more South and West of here. I have seen them before, while traveling in West Texas, but I saw them from the safety of my car.

If anyone wonders why cowboy boots go halfway up your lower legs, it is because rattlers usually bite down around your ankles and lower calves. The thick hide of the boots protect you from snakebites.

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 9.32.55 PM.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom