The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have rattlers in my part of the State. Those are more South and West of here. I have seen them before, while traveling in West Texas, but I saw them from the safety of my car.

If anyone wonders why cowboy boots go halfway up your lower legs, it is because rattlers usually bite down around your ankles and lower calves. The thick hide of the boots protect you from snakebites.

View attachment 94974

CD
Same with the 2 very highly venomous ones we get around here, the tiger snake and the brown snake. Gum boots are what you'll find me plodding around the farm in, usually with no socks at this time of year and a very cool dress (I only wear it when I'm at home and not expecting visitors! ). I can't imagine what people driving passed think when they see me at lunchtime checking the mailbox: sun hat, strappy black knee length dress and yellow gum boots (half height ones which actually have chickens on them, by Sloggers). :o_o: weirdo big time! Lol

My hubby arranged his works Christmas lunch to be a picnic with alpacas and llamas...

This is the girl that I sat next to for an hour whilst she slept on me! Apparently she is rude, naughty, steals food and doesn't like people and hates being stroked! I think I'm not human, because that's exactly what I did for an hour, stroked her whilst she slept or talked to me. If i stopped stroking her, she'd wake up, say hello again and then rest on my legs until she fell asleep to me stroking her.

DSC_0814.JPG

My hubby arranged his works Christmas lunch to be a picnic with alpacas and llamas...

This is the girl that I sat next to for an hour whilst she slept on me! Apparently she is rude, naughty, steals food and doesn't like people and hates being stroked! I think I'm not human, because that's exactly what I did for an hour, stroked her whilst she slept or talked to me. If i stopped stroking her, she'd wake up, say hello again and then rest on my legs until she fell asleep to me stroking her.

View attachment 94996

That's a lovely photo. If I sat down like that I'd need several people to get me up again... you're obviously an alpaca/llama whisperer.

That's a lovely photo. If I sat down like that I'd need several people to get me up again... you're obviously an alpaca/llama whisperer.
Hubby had to help me stand up after she finally left, and the concrete was getting a tad uncomfortable at that stage. I really needed a cushion. But I've always sat on the floor instead of chairs. Guess that's something I'll have to change in time

Hubby had to help me stand up after she finally left, and the concrete was getting a tad uncomfortable at that stage. I really needed a cushion. But I've always sat on the floor instead of chairs. Guess that's something I'll have to change in time

Thai people do it all the way through their life. Just ask Yorky! I also saw a 'Hairy Biker's' TV show where a 90 plus Thai woman sat cross legged on floor to eat a meal and got up and down without aid.

Thai people do it all the way through their life. Just ask Yorky! I also saw a 'Hairy Biker's' TV show where a 90 plus Thai woman sat cross legged on floor to eat a meal and got up and down without aid.
My Korean ex-SIL was like that. She stayed on the floor.

Matter of fact, I just saw a picture of her the other day, first one in years, and it was a family photo (her kids and grandkids) and she’s in her late-60’s now, and…she was sitting on the floor with everyone around her.

It got really cold last night. It was 34F/1C this morning at 8AM. Sunny and cool this afternoon.

CD

Yeah, I'm sure once I get the other hip replaced I'll be a lot better but an hour sitting on concrete without padding was getting uncomfortable!

Why am I posting at…2:43 in the AM? Well, I woke up, very groggy, and something just didn’t “feel” right, and then I realized it was awfully quiet…too quiet.

Yep, the power’s out. Thankfully, it’s a balmy 26F/-3C, so we’ll probably still be alive in the morning… 🤬 power company!

Indonesian people squat all the time, and while I have Indonesian family I definitely have never gotten the hang of that. And now I can barely get off a chair, thanks to the rheumatic inflammation. Squatting is said to prevent such problems, so maybe I should recommend it to everyone here! I know few elderly Indonesians who have my problem.. :rolleyes:

Looks like and feels like the end of winter for us here. 34°C at 16:00. I even dragged the standup fan out of storage (although it's only been there for a month).

I saw the orthopedic surgeon earlier this week, and was FINALLY cleared to start physio!

I had my first appointment today - got assessed, stretched, ultrasounded, even zapped with electricity! The therapist said my left side is much weaker than the right (surprise) and my range of motion is pretty limited, but I’m doing better than she expected for 4 months in a boot/cast.

I have exercises to do, and then I’ll be seeing them twice a week for the next few weeks. I hope I can go back to walking normally soon! I’m supposed to start weaning out of the boot.

I saw the orthopedic surgeon earlier this week, and was FINALLY cleared to start physio!

I had my first appointment today - got assessed, stretched, ultrasounded, even zapped with electricity! The therapist said my left side is much weaker than the right (surprise) and my range of motion is pretty limited, but I’m doing better than she expected for 4 months in a boot/cast.

I have exercises to do, and then I’ll be seeing them twice a week for the next few weeks. I hope I can go back to walking normally soon! I’m supposed to start weaning out of the boot.

Good!

From my own experience, a lot of the atrophy will go away pretty quickly as you use those muscles you weren't using. Then it will slow down, but it will keep improving.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom