The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longhorns at the Brinkmann Ranch were in the pasture nearest my house today. They move them around constantly.

BrinkmannCattle001.jpg

CD

I have to ask MG... Is that a little more like you expected my neighborhood to look like? :laugh:

CD

Oh boy, it’s January and we’ve got possible tornados this afternoon, how nice! :mad:
Yikes.
Locally dropped below 5°C overnight. We got lucky with 7°C... still had to bring in my tender house plants that I'd put out to enjoy fresh air and actually closed all the windows and doors last night because we were cold. This is meant to be the hottest part of summer! This time last week was 35°C and too warm. Now we're not warm enough.

We've certainly made a mess of, and screwed up this planet big time.

Yikes.
Locally dropped below 5°C overnight. We got lucky with 7°C... still had to bring in my tender house plants that I'd put out to enjoy fresh air and actually closed all the windows and doors last night because we were cold. This is meant to be the hottest part of summer! This time last week was 35°C and too warm. Now we're not warm enough.

We've certainly made a mess of, and screwed up this planet big time.
I've started trying to reduce our meat consumption, it's really scary how climate change is accelerating. It's not very easy given my medical conditions, but at least red meat should be able to be reduced to near zero or completely none. Thinking about keeping that for restaurant visits for now, just using up what I have left at home.

Also, it's 04.00 here and I can't sleep due to pain in my arm, but today I'm starting physio therapy so hopefully that will help.

Keep it up. Meat wasn't hard as carbs for me.
IMO cutting down on low quality meat is a key solution to a better future, but it's hard to discuss this with people who will get angry when there is no big portion of meat on their plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom