The General Chat Thread (2024)

I'm on my phone and was in the sun so I didn't read SatNavSaysStraightOn post correctly and saw Tasty Fingers... :laugh:

I now dub TastyReuben Tasty Fingers.
There’s an old song (‘70’s?) called Boney Fingers, but I’m changing the chorus to fit my new name:

Stick your fingers in the pie, what do you get?
Tasty fingers, tasty fingers.

:laugh:

There’s an old song (‘70’s?) called Boney Fingers, but I’m changing the chorus to fit my new name:

Stick your fingers in the pie, what do you get?
Tasty fingers, tasty fingers.

:laugh:
I'm hearing "Tiny Bubbles" but I see you sticking your fingers in the pie lol.

It got to be 86F here today. We were at a graduation party with great food. It was indoors at a winery with a beautiful outdoor patio area overlooking a vineyard. Met some of the graduate's mom's friends and had a nice time. One nice young lady who enjoys cooking is married to a British gentleman and we were discussing international food. I recommended the forum to her and I think she'll join up!

First round of storms didn’t do much except drop a load of rain for about 15 minutes. That’s good.

Second round is scheduled to roll through my area around midnight. That’s bad, as it was, as late as this morning, predicted for 10PM, so it’s currently a very slow-moving storm.

Depending on how it shapes up, I may not be getting any sleep tonight, as they’re saying 12AM-3AM is our threat zone.

Glad I’m off tomorrow, or else I’d have to spend the day pretending to work. :laugh:

First round of storms didn’t do much except drop a load of rain for about 15 minutes. That’s good.

Second round is scheduled to roll through my area around midnight. That’s bad, as it was, as late as this morning, predicted for 10PM, so it’s currently a very slow-moving storm.

Depending on how it shapes up, I may not be getting any sleep tonight, as they’re saying 12AM-3AM is our threat zone.

Glad I’m off tomorrow, or else I’d have to spend the day pretending to work. :laugh:
So is that 6-9 hrs from now?
I'm rubbish at time zones.
Cos I'm in Spain and the food delivery I'm editing is for the UK I can't even figure out if the cut off times now or in an hours time 😂

So is that 6-9 hrs from now?
Yeah, that’s about right.

Just watched the latest weather report and they’re cautiously optimistic that the earlier storm calmed things down enough that this one might just be high (non-tornadic) winds and heavy rain (so flooding) - neither of those bother me.

It’s coming through St. Louis right now, six hours from us, and we have family there, so we’re staying in touch with them, just to get an idea.

One funny thing…I generally don’t sleep all that well, and the last few nights have been awful, but last night, I finally fell asleep fairly early…

…only to wake bolt upright in the middle of the night, with that picture I posted of my overstuffed fridge in my head, and me wondering, “WTF am I going to do with all that food if we lose power?!?!” - and I couldn’t get back to sleep.

You can bet, when we move in the next couple of years, the next house will have a whole-house generator.

Cos I'm in Spain and the food delivery I'm editing is for the UK I can't even figure out if the cut off times now or in an hours time 😂
You need a TARDIS.

Yeah, that’s about right.

Just watched the latest weather report and they’re cautiously optimistic that the earlier storm calmed things down enough that this one might just be high (non-tornadic) winds and heavy rain (so flooding) - neither of those bother me.

It’s coming through St. Louis right now, six hours from us, and we have family there, so we’re staying in touch with them, just to get an idea.

One funny thing…I generally don’t sleep all that well, and the last few nights have been awful, but last night, I finally fell asleep fairly early…

…only to wake bolt upright in the middle of the night, with that picture I posted of my overstuffed fridge in my head, and me wondering, “WTF am I going to do with all that food if we lose power?!?!” - and I couldn’t get back to sleep.

You can bet, when we move in the next couple of years, the next house will have a whole-house generator.

You need a TARDIS.
That's exactly the sort of thing that pops into your head and jolts you wide awake.

You need some polystyrene boxes, reckon then you could eat your way through half a third a quarter of that mountain before it went off 😆

I woke up tired this morning and I've been really looking forward to bed all day, everything was winding down really nicely, the rooms a nice temp, my limbs were heavy, the pillow feels soft, eyelids shutting, ah that's nice.. I.. I.. feel I've forgotten something.. I haven't emailed airport parking argh!

Airport parking are so relaxed they're horizontal (mañana, mañana) and require an email sent in clear Spanish (which is not my forté) at precisely the right time.
Too early they'll forget, too late in the day they won't pick it up. After three years I've sussed the "24hrs before" notice they ask for actually means send the email after they've finished their shift the night before the 24hrs so it's there in the morning before the next shift comes in and they might, just might check the mail when they arrive (maybe) but miss that window and forget it 😂

So boom I'm wakeys now!

Back
Top Bottom