The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap!
That's $256USD ... I can't fly that cheap from here in Arizona to Honolulu!!!!
Go mate, GO!
See if you and the wife can get a package deal and stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village with transportation to and from, you'll love it - one of my favorite hotels (really the Moana Hotel is my all time fav but, I'm real old fashion, the "Village" has so much going on ...)
Wife wont fly for another 2 years. So that's that. Lol. Last place was really great. I should have gone to the Arizona ro pay my respects.

Russ

My European friends: I need your help. I have worked out the peculiarities of how to operate this contraption, since I have seen it in other European hotels. But, does anybody think it’s a good design? Turn the knob too far, and water shoots out the lower nozzles. The cold knob needs to be turned on first, but not too far, then the hot one.

As an extra bit of comedy, we were given a washroom without an enclosed shower. The first day, the entire floor of the room flooded. I’ve gotten in the habit of angling the top showerhead toward the wall, and very gingerly turning the cold knob until the water just starts dribble.

image.jpg

Mind you, we have not seen this design everyone in Europe. Some have what I would consider a normal design, where you use a knob or a lever to switch to the lower shower wand, and water gradually flows and doesn’t shoot across the room. But, I have only seen this design in Europe.

Last edited:
I was visiting Kalasin (North East Thailand) with a couple of other fossils and we'd arranged to meet up in the hotel reception. I was trying to suss out how the shower worked when one of them rang "where are you?". "I'm trying to work the shower". "Press the white bar on the bottom", he said. It worked.

10 minutes later we rang the other fossil asking if he was ready. "I'm trying to work the shower" he said.

I asked my mate, "How did you suss it out?" "I rang reception and they sent a guy to show me".

The start "button" was the bottom panel on the electric shower unit which had "press" embossed upon it. Unfortunately, it was white on white and not one of us could see it. Who wears glasses to go in the shower?

I have since replaced one of my shower units with a similar model but now I know. Although mine is black letters on black.

My European friends: I need your help. I have worked out the peculiarities of how to operate this contraption, since I have seen it in other European hotels.
I could write a book on fumbling my way through UK/European shower fixtures. It seems no two are exactly the same.

The start "button" was the bottom panel on the electric shower unit which had "press" embossed upon it.
I saw one of these for the first time in Ireland in 2018 - nothing like taking a shower standing next to something that sounds like a small air compressor or push mower running.

There were no instructions on it, my wife called down to the B&B owner, and in typical low-key, laid back Irish fashion, the conversation apparently went as follows:

“Hello, yes, good morning, this is MrsT in the blue room, and, well, I hate to ask, but we can’t seem to figure out the shower. Is there some trick to that?”

“Oh, right. Yeah, darlin’, just push the thing on the thing and everything will be fine.”

🤨

My European friends: I need your help. I have worked out the peculiarities of how to operate this contraption, since I have seen it in other European hotels. But, does anybody think it’s a good design? Turn the knob too far, and water shoots out the lower nozzles. The cold knob needs to be turned on first, but not too far, then the hot one.

As an extra bit of comedy, we were given a washroom without an enclosed shower. The first day, the entire floor of the room flooded. I’ve gotten in the habit of angling the top showerhead toward the wall, and very gingerly turning the cold knob until the water just starts dribble.

View attachment 84967

Mind you, we have not seen this design everyone in Europe. Some have what I would consider a normal design, where you use a knob or a lever to switch to the lower shower wand, and water gradually flows and doesn’t shoot across the room. But, I have only seen this design in Europe.
Can't help I'm afraid, that does not resemble anything I have seen

It was 90F/32C today. It was windy, too. The Live Oak trees are bursting with pollen -- everything outside has a layer of bright yellow pollen on it.

CD
Goodness, 32c already?
Well, we have 29c prognosed for next Friday...so that is not too far, let us see...
I have acquired two bucket hats, so those will come in handy...

View attachment 84967

I might have been dropped out of a baloon, but where is this?
I am affraid I will not be too much of a help, those side buttons for cold and hot look like they have to be pushed inwards, like towards each other, but there should be a knob or a handle to switch between the lower tap and the upper shower(s), the fact there are two would confuse me too.

Sorry for being absent for such a long time, I wanted to come back in a good mood and stabile and not otherwise...My Dad has had a crisis healthwise, but has been more or less stabile for the past few weeks, so now I feel I can post again, and not await another emergency.
It is a moment in which things will pick up rather soon in the next weeks workwise, but hopefully I can pop in a few times a week.
Have a lovely Sunday!

Sorry for being absent for such a long time, I wanted to come back in a good mood and stabile and not otherwise...My Dad has had a crisis healthwise, but has been more or less stabile for the past few weeks, so now I feel I can post again, and not await another emergency.
It is a moment in which things will pick up rather soon in the next weeks workwise, but hopefully I can pop in a few times a week.
Have a lovely Sunday!

We missed you. I'm having a difficult time too, so I empathise.

Have a lovely Sunday!

We are having the same trials with my 90-year-old dad. A day with nothing happening to him is the exception, not the rule. Don't let the situation take over your life. Spend some time everyday doing something your enjoy, that will take your mind off of the situation with your father. My sister and I both do that.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom