The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. But being experts in the law, they used evasive language. But yeah they lied.

And Clarence Thompson indicated that contraceptives and gay marriage might be next on the chopping block.

Yep. Evangelical christians (American Taliban) have their eyes aimed on banning contraceptives, next.

Texas already has its ban in place, using a "trigger law." The ban offers ZERO exemption for rape. I guess it's better than the bible's rules. If you allow yourself to be raped, you can be stoned to death. Modern christians in Texas just punish you for being raped by making you give birth to your rapists's baby.

On the side, the Supreme also court struck down NY's strict gun laws. 38,000 people who were NOT allowed to purchase and/or possess guns two days ago can now do so. Makes sense, as we don't have nearly enough nut jobs with guns out there.

CD

They set back medieval laws, as an abortion is not even allowed when rape occurred. The anti-abortion party has to come up with solutions for accidental pregnancy.

The BRICKS meeting was also pretty much against USA and Europe, we should invest more in our friendship
EDIT: PS: I don’t know why, but after learning a lot about productivity and motivation, I can’t stop being optimistic for the future. As long as the rivalry between us nations doesn't goes overboard, a little bit of BRICKS attitude going against USA and Europe isn't that bad. Well, if the Ukraine wouldn't got attacked, everything would be better.

Last edited:
I'm not going to make 'verbal' comments in regards to the reversal of Roe v Wade because I live in a divided home ... My husband has brought this subject up several times in the past few months and I have reserved my comment, that's best I think.

Blimey! I couldn't possibly live with anyone who bought into those views. You are very stoical.

Blimey! I couldn't possibly live with anyone who bought into those views. You are very stoical.
It also must be very stressful to not feel like you could have an open discussion about your thoughts and views on matters such as this. My husband I don't agree about some things and I do choose my words carefully at times on minor issues, but I wouldn't be able to hold back on this one.

I wouldn't be able to hold back on this one.

Nor me - women have a right over their own bodies; end of argument. If it were my partner, I'd ask how he would feel if I was brutally raped. Does he really believe I should be made in law to keep the baby and if so, would he be happy bringing up the rapist's child?

I'll now shut up!

MrsT’s 40th high school reunion is this year, in August. I was resigned to go, but I really didn’t want to.

Finally, her best friend stepped up and decided to go as well, so now I'm off the hook! Now I don’t have to go visit a place I have zero interest in, and it gets me back five vacation days I no longer have to take.

:woot:

MrsT’s 40th high school reunion is this year, in August. I was resigned to go, but I really didn’t want to.

Finally, her best friend stepped up and decided to go as well, so now I'm off the hook! Now I don’t have to go visit a place I have zero interest in, and it gets me back five vacation days I no longer have to take.

:woot:
Oh, I am so happy for you after what you told me! Congrats :hug:

We've thought up a plan to make sure I won't end up in the ICU again: we're getting me a smart watch on top of the medical supervision of my blood.
Does anyone have a smartwatch that they can recommend? I need one that can monitor heartrate (mandatory) and saturation (preferable).
That’s a great idea.

This is US-oriented, but it still may point you in the right direction:

The 6 Best Heart Rate Monitor Watches of 2022

I’m very pleased to say that today, my employer joined the rapidly-growing list of companies who will cover travel and lodging expenses to seek “all necessary medical treatment” not available within 50 miles of the employee’s residence, with the explicit statement that it includes “abortions, whether medically necessary or elective.”

It’s not a solution by any means, but it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom