The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me of when I've worked on very tall buildings in NYC (50 + storoes) putting up sattelite dishes, and in the very early morning you can see the yellowish layer of pollution below you as you look out over the city.
As soon as the sun gets high enough and starts to heat the air, that layer of yellow layer expands up so you can't see it any longer. Ypu're essentially now standing in it.

Last edited:
Staying in Lovely B&B in Canterbury - in historic building. Moroccan themed (2 rooms) with own balcony:

fullsizeoutput_31fc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_31fa.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_31fe.jpeg

I spent the day doing retail therapy in Canterbury - 6 solid hours shopping! Here is my stash (partly charity shop, partly a cook shop, partly Tiger - plus a rather expensive new pair of sandals:

fullsizeoutput_31f5.jpeg

Cost of everything (minus the shoes and earrings) was less than £25.

Last night the rain was torrential, it kept me awake it was so loud, rained heavy again today around midday, dry now but really quite cold. Clouds are building up so no doubt more rain is to come.

not much rain up here but it is a very cold wind - on the up side we are having a special meal at the weekend [relatives over] so it's all hands to the cook books for something new

My Western food order today was a bit of a cock up. Instead of a fillet steak, 1 kg of sausages, 1 kg of cod fillet and a pork pie, I received 2 ribeye steaks and 2 sausage rolls.

I contacted my supplier later and a guy in Buriram (some 50 km west of here) had ordered 2 ribeye steaks and 2 sausage rolls and received a fillet steak, 1 kg of sausages, 1 kg of cod fillet and a pork pie. How's that for a weird coincidence?

I contacted my supplier later and a guy in Buriram (some 50 km west of here) had ordered 2 ribeye steaks and 2 sausage rolls and received a fillet steak, 1 kg of sausages, 1 kg of cod fillet and a pork pie. How's that for a weird coincidence?

Did they charge you for the order you should have had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom