The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been watching a series on tv called Fleabag, wow! When it 1st came on tv we ignored it but there has been so much hype we decided to give it a go, it is so different to anything else I have seen, definitely worth watching.

Cheese club this evening was fun. I bought some Gruyere which was very nice but the blue was not.

20190521_194710.jpg

L-R: Gruyere un-pasturised cows, Fontina Italian un-pasteurised, Ogleshield Jersey milk un-pasteurised cows, Le Saint Flour Bleu, pasteurised cows.

Last edited:
I was meant to have gone swimming again this morning. Instead my body said no and I slept the morning instead. Literally the entire morning. Hubby woke me at 12pm when he rang. It took all my effort to even get out of bed and say hello to the washing machine full of wet clean washing that I'd put on at 6am hoping to get it on the line nice and early so that it would dry in 1 day not 2. Right now the humidity is really high (ok not dripping at high but high enough for washing not to be drying on the line in 1/2 a day with temps around the 18-20°C mark. Sadly that means I'll be hanging out back out tomorrow whilst I've got the next load washing. I've another load on top of that to get done as well and the weather is due to change at the weekend (we've a public holiday on Monday so that's no surprise ) and then get much colder next week.

My husband is in Berlin on an all expenses paid jolly. He had to be up at 2am yesterday to catch the 6am flight bless him. Back home today.
Hubby has something similar today. He has to be at a careers fare being the only member of his office currently around. But the bumber was that he has to be there from 7am through to 8pm. The downside is that we live an hour away so he had to leave home before 6am this morning and won't be home until after 9pm tonight. It's a long day and there's nothing I can do to help out.

I was reading today...
Gov. Jay Inslee signed legislation Tuesday making Washington the first state to approve composting as an alternative to burying or cremating human remains.

It allows licensed facilities to offer “natural organic reduction,” which turns a body, mixed with substances such as wood chips and straw, into about two wheelbarrows’ worth of soil in a span of several weeks.

Loved ones are allowed to keep the soil to spread, just as they might spread the ashes of someone who has been cremated — or even use it to plant vegetables or a tree.

https://apnews.com/65306ba86c24482baed58e7c0c2e39d7

What fantastic progress (used in the correct hands obviously).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom