The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time last year he arrived on the day it was due to be installed. There was s team of 4 and it took them 4hrs to install it and get it working. He had to do roughly the same amount of work as previously. Both were completely new installs only at this place everything was easier to do, get at and the likes. It just took him twice as long because he had 3 other engineers with him that he had to communicate with and coordinate !

In the US we have a saying for this. "One guy digging the ditch while 3 supervisor lean on their shovels."

I have never had a problem with setting up new phones. I just insert the old sim card into the new phone and that's it.
Data transfer, contacts, old messages ,photos and so on. Plus I hate most of the software that comes with the phones. Bloatware is back . Too many system settings are set wide open. I have numerous accounts that all need different secure passwords and 1 email account has 3 forms of ID/confirmation needed to transfer it/open it on any new device. Then there's the security side of things to be clamped down, recovery and the likes set up and so on. Not to mention the +3Gb of downloads needed just to get the phone up to date with the latest operating system. That doesn't count apps or offline maps or other offline software I use .

What phone have you got?
I've changed brands just to make life even more fun . From Sony to Samsung . It was a bit of a leap of faith though!

Data transfer, contacts, old messages ,photos and so on. Plus I hate most of the software that comes with the phones. Bloatware is back . Too many system settings are set wide open. I have numerous accounts that all need different secure passwords and 1 email account has 3 forms of ID/confirmation needed to transfer it/open it on any new device. Then there's the security side of things to be clamped down, recovery and the likes set up and so on. Not to mention the +3Gb of downloads needed just to get the phone up to date with the latest operating system. That doesn't count apps or offline maps or other offline software I use

Ahh, that could explain it. Other than contacts (which are saved onto my sim card) I don't need anything else. I basically only use the phone as a phone.

If its a Samsung Galaxy S7 or above you have a first rate camera. All my food photos are taken with an S7 (as I think you know).
Above. 8+ But it's a massive leap from android 4.3 [jelly bean] to 9.0 [pie] now and there's a whole load new predictive text errors to learn!

Above. 8+ But it's a massive leap from android 4.3 [jelly bean] to 9.0 [pie] now and there's a whole load new predictive text errors to learn!

I never use predictive text - hate it! You have a brilliant phone camera - perfect for taking quick food photos. Make sure its set to HDR with maximum picture size for best result.

I never use predictive text - hate it! You have a brilliant phone camera - perfect for taking quick food photos. Make sure its set to HDR with maximum picture size for best result.
I'm pretty certain I'll be posting in the photography forum asking for help before too long

Samsung are brilliant, download the switch app then it transfers everything over in about 2 mins. Samsung to Samsung though.

Russ
It does work Sony to Samsung as wth but out took six or seven attempts to get everything I wanted over and even then the memory card caused it problems. I had apps installed on the card so couldn't do a direct transfer without losing space and ending up with redundant data. I'm still not convinced that I have everything over. But the old phone is fully working if slow, painfully so and I can always go back to it to find what I'm missing and try again!

It does work Sony to Samsung as wth but out took six or seven attempts to get everything I wanted over and even then the memory card caused it problems. I had apps installed on the card so couldn't do a direct transfer without losing space and ending up with redundant data. I'm still not convinced that I have everything over. But the old phone is fully working if slow, painfully so and I can always go back to it to find what I'm missing and try again!

I didn't know that. Prior to Samsung switch I used to go to my provider and they would change everything over.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom