The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that. Prior to Samsung switch I used to go to my provider and they would change everything over.

Russ
Given my past as an it engineer, I've always done these things myself because I'd be pestered by others to do it for them. So learning on my own devices. ..

Today is obviously not happening. I'd go home back to bed if it wasn't for the fact that the car has broken down at the hospital

Grrrr

Breakdown cover had expired July last year whilst I was in hospital. I guess I'd just left intensive care at the time. Add that to being pulled over a month ago in my vehicle to find tax had expired same time last year and I think we can say we were not doing well last year. Other than me surviving a major life saving op that is.

Can I scream in frustration please?

No. See above post.
This is our more advanced newer vehicle. Give me an old vehicle any day even if I have to climb into it to do anything even putting tbe bonnet down!

Our vehicles are reasonably new and we don't have any problems. You might be just having a bad run. It happens.
We had a bad run with kitchen appliances last year. Dishwasher (expensive) toaster, waffle maker, toasty maker, clothes dryer and I think fridge problems.

Russ

Our vehicles are reasonably new and we don't have any problems. You might be just having a bad run. It happens.
I think it's just a case of having reached a certain age. But the car had a new battery less than 12 months ago but hubby fitted it so I can't do anything except get a new one to get home . Breakdown cover in the UK includes transport of passengers and driver to same destination as vehicle. Here it is literally a case of you getting left at the side of the road of your vehicle has to be taken to a garage if it can't be fixed at roadside. Family or friends are expected to collect you! That's all well and fine but if you've only got 1 vehicle and are new to the country (my only other time being assistance) then you're missing a paddle if you get my drift. Last time the breakdown guy got special dispensation so as not to leave someone in a wheelchair at the side of the road taking me to a car hire depot. This time round whilst not exactly convenient, I'm safe and not in the cold (it's only 5C outside and raining. I won't mention the gale that is blowing) .

I have no idea what level cover I've just had to purchase plus pay the same day call out charge but this has just cost $$$ but at least 1 vehicle now has some cover for the next 12 months . I keep nagging my oh about my vehicle not having cover.

Trying to find out about breakdown cover I came across this little gem...
_20190529_133913.JPG

:eek: And :giggle:sprang to mind but it is very valid information. Even here where we are at this time of year many local roads only see 2 or 3 cars a day off at all.

Still no idea what cover I've just bought!

I'm pretty much mechanically minded, but new cars now? Open the hood and just plastic everywhere. Can't even get to the plugs??

The last car I was issued before I left UK was a Rover 2.0. I only lifted the bonnet once and didn't have a clue what (or where) anything was.

I'm pretty much mechanically minded, but new cars now? Open the hood and just plastic everywhere. Can't even get to the plugs??

Russ
Luckily in pretty mechanically minded but I do prefer my Landcruiser. Changing the plugs on that though is a problem. It's a dual fuel conversion which means everyday plugs will leave it running on petrol only. Plugs need grinding down very carefully to the precise 1/x of a mm. Not something I'm set up to do anymore. I need step ladders just to teach anything other than tho immediate outside of the engine bay but at least that means I can still change the air filter. And I hate bulbs that need more than a screwdriver tho change them. It drives me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom