The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another October day, another classic horror movie:

Overnight, we'll have our first legitimately cool temps of the season - lows down to 35F/2C and highs around 56F/13C. Consider that today was close to 80F/27C, and it'll be quite a shock for some folks.

I get to wear a sweater/jumper! I get to wear a sweater/jumper!:cold:🥶🧣🌬

Last edited:
We're ranging from 0°C one day to 30°C 36 hours later. It's really hard to know what to wear. You end up packing sun hats and woolly jumpers plus sandals whilst wearing woolly socks. The fire is lit for overnight frosts, yet 2 days next week are expected to be over 30°C!

Last edited:
As predicted, it was 35F/2C upon rising this morning.

I had to laugh, as the dog always goes bonkers to go outside first thing in the morning ("I gotta pee! I gotta pee!"), and over the years, we've got it timed like an act. She'll come tearing down the hallway at breakneck speed, just in time for me to get the door open, and she'll shoot through the door just as I'm getting it opened, then she'll run a big loop round the front yard, stop, drop her bottom, and pee.

This morning, same as usual, ripped down the hallway like a rabbit on speed, flew through the door, landed on her feet, then turned right round and shot back inside before the door could close!

The latest iPhone update has royally hosed my phone, and reading about it after-the-fact, it's hosed a lot of phones.

If you're on an iPhone and haven't updated to 13.1.2 yet...I'd recommend not updating until they get this worked out.

What happened?
Geez-Louise, what hasn't happened? 😧
FaceID works about 25% of the time. The AppleTV remote on my phone might work 5% of the time.

Text box entries (like here) are such a mess - cursor bounces all over the box, double spacing between paragraphs is formatted all wrong, cursor is currently showing me typing up in the toolbar area (yeah, you read that right), autocorrect is 100 times more inaccurate (I've currently got it shut off), and general display wonkiness (as well as randomly capitalizing letters).

Worst, though, is that it won't stay connected to WiFi - it'll work for about five minutes, then freeze up. We have sometimes spotty WiFi here, so at first, I thought it was our network, but after turning on the TV and not having issues, it pointed to the phone, and that's when I did a little googling and found all the reports from the last few days, recommending that no one upgrade to the latest release.

Timing is everything. :(

Geez-Louise, what hasn't happened? 😧
FaceID works about 25% of the time. The AppleTV remote on my phone might work 5% of the time.

Text box entries (like here) are such a mess - cursor bounces all over the box, double spacing between paragraphs is formatted all wrong, cursor is currently showing me typing up in the toolbar area (yeah, you read that right), autocorrect is 100 times more inaccurate (I've currently got it shut off), and general display wonkiness (as well as randomly capitalizing letters).

Worst, though, is that it won't stay connected to WiFi - it'll work for about five minutes, then freeze up. We have sometimes spotty WiFi here, so at first, I thought it was our network, but after turning on the TV and not having issues, it pointed to the phone, and that's when I did a little googling and found all the reports from the last few days, recommending that no one upgrade to the latest release.

Timing is everything. :(

I'm really wary about upgrades. Last time I upgraded MacBook Pro, the photo editing tool (which I use a lot) had several serious glitches. I spent time in an on-line live chat with a member of the help team who was able to see what the issue was as he could see on his screen what I was doing. Its still not fixed. Slightly better but not fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom