The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still morning here so a car thing to look at later ( oil in the driveway) then I've been summoned to see the boss at a place I relocate trucks for. Hmmm .

Russ

Storms are a coming. From 32°C on Sunday (at home) to a forecast 1°C tomorrow morning. Tbe fire will be relit very shortly. A cold front had already conne through taking 15°C off the temperature bringing thunder and power cuts (yep plural). It's 2pm now and 8°C out!
Yesterday they were saying this morning would be 10°C. It wasn't. It was 6°C. I hope they are not that wrong about tomorrow morning.

Going to relit the fire now.

my forecast for the next week.

tomorrow: max 19C/ morning 1C; frost then sunny 5% chance less than 1mm rain (I'll get the washing done)
Thursday: 20/3; mostly sunny, 70% chance 1-5mm (aka no rain)
Friday: 19/6; possible shower 70% chance 1-5mm rain (aka no rain)
Saturday: 18/5; cloudy 50% less than 1mm
Sunday: 21/3; mostly sunny 30% < 1mm
Monday 23/2, mostly sunny 10% <1mm
Tuesday 28/7, mostly sunny, 30% <1mm
Wednesday 23/6, showers increasing, 70% <1mm

Basically: anything from 2C to 28C (in 36hrs) and a chance of a little rain.

43F this morning at 7AM - MrsTasty is starting to seriously complain about not having the heat on in the mornings.

I've started the electric fire, just to take the chill off the room, and I hope it's enough, as it's going to be close to 80F later today, which means A/C will be required, and I don't want to have to keep flipping the thermostat from running the A/C to running the heat and then back to A/C again. Besides, I rather like a chilly house in the mornings. Good to wake up to.

Good to wake up to.
It was 0°C/32°F here this morning! Inside wasn't much warmer because we sleep with the windows open at night (always have done). Only close them when it's -10°C or below (not sure in F but single figures thay much I do know). The cold house wasn't much appreciated by me. (Bedrooms are at one end, unheated end, sitting room had the only heating excluding the oven! ) I lit the fire around 3-4pm yesterday afternoon. It's only due to get to 19°C max today. If we see 16°C I'll be surprised and its due to be 3°C tomorrow morning so it can stay lit for today.

It is 22.28 and I am wide awake :mad:. Big day tomorrow so I could do with a decent night of shut eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom