The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I seem grumpy or argumentative on the forum today its because I am. My back has gone into spasm and I'm in lots of pain. Plus I have a broken rib. Plus I have acid indigestion. So I am three kinds of rubbish and can't cook or do much at all. :mad:
What the heck did I miss? Were you in an accident?

He goes to bed at 9.30 pm. I am drinking wine on my own. It partially dulls the pain but of course, makes acid indigestion worse. I don't care right now. Thank you for the gentle thoughts. :)

Without annoying you with too many comments, I'm going to assume you've been to the doc's and gotten some meds for the pain, etc.

And, not that it'll make you feel any better, but I'm also a little grumpy because I'm a lot tired. All of MrsTasty's appointments have been first thing in the morning over the last few days, and tomorrow, it's more of the same. 💤

I really do hope you're feeling better.

A very very gentle :hug:

Can I vent here? I just checked my E-mails. I love to eat it, but I hate to keep getting SPAM - especially the ones from "ladies" who think I am a man.

My son worked for me for about 15 years and about 15 years ago I started getting all these Russian women wanting to meet me. About 5 to 10 e mails a day at times. I said about it at work and my son couldn't hold himself in from laughing. Him and the office lady burst out laughing. My son likes playing jokes and he signed me up on a dating site. We have a popular tv programme here, he got the photo of a lead doctor and used that as my pic. I asked him to remove it but he forgot the password. It took about 2 to 3 years for them to stop. I hate spam.!

Russ

If I seem grumpy or argumentative on the forum today its because I am. My back has gone into spasm and I'm in lots of pain. Plus I have a broken rib. Plus I have acid indigestion. So I am three kinds of rubbish and can't cook or do much at all. :mad:

Sorry, I've missed all this, just found it now, you're prolly sleeping right now but what's already been said . Doctor and meds . Hope things get better, we love you being cheerful and happy. I know you'll miss cooking. It'll keep. Thinking of you.

Russ

My son worked for me for about 15 years and about 15 years ago I started getting all these Russian women wanting to meet me. About 5 to 10 e mails a day at times. I said about it at work and my son couldn't hold himself in from laughing. Him and the office lady burst out laughing. My son likes playing jokes and he signed me up on a dating site. We have a popular tv programme here, he got the photo of a lead doctor and used that as my pic. I asked him to remove it but he forgot the password. It took about 2 to 3 years for them to stop. I hate spam.!

Russ
I was hoping that story ended with, "...and that's how I met my girlfriend!" :laugh:

I'm sorry you're feeling tender. It's so frustrating, annoying and all of the other ings.

I know exactly what it's like. Bad back and that darn rib of mine is still hurting (also broken, it's a floating fracture off one of my lower ribs on the side. It's failed to heal or regularly breaks again and again and again... I broke 10 ribs in a total of 11 places just under 3 years ago. They didn't heal very well). The only good news here is that my GORD hasn't flared up like it normally does when hubby's away.
Can we have a grumping/get things off your chest thread?
Feel free.

At 8am this morning, it was already 18°C. Overnight didn't drop below double figures.

It's not long gone 9am and was already above 20°C. Thankfully i let the fire go out overnight. I think today is going to be warm.

Ah, I've just looked at the forecast, they're changed it. Yep, it's going to be warm 29°C!

Had some bad news about 3 long time friends, not close but they have been here for meals quite a few times. First friend who I knew was unwell, I rang him to see how he was , I knew he had a cancer scare a while ago, but he said its back and everywhere, he's seeing people about how to best to keep him here as long as poss. He said he's got about 15 to 18 months left, I told him how sorry I was , then he informed me his brother in law just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, he's been given 6 months. Ted the b.i.l is a top bloke, him and I get along real good. Then my wife rang about an hour later and found one of our dinner club guys has altzheimers and its advances. He rolled his car in the weekend as he fell asleep. These guys are all older than me but, man it's unbelievable. Their poor families. I need to go see these people.

Russ

Sorry to hear that 🤗 Sounds a pretty awful combination, especially if you can't get comfortable.

rascal - sounds like you're a good friend. My SIL passed at 47 from pancreatic cancer, and my MIL had severe dementia the last decade of her life.

I know what helped my brother the most, and my wife's sister as far as their mom was concerned, was someone doing little day-to-day things, without asking. The neighbor kept my brother's grass mowed, somebody always dropped off recorded church sermons to my MIL, or a bag of groceries with quick-fix items in them, that sort of thing.

rascal - sounds like you're a good friend. My SIL passed at 47 from pancreatic cancer, and my MIL had severe dementia the last decade of her life.

I know what helped my brother the most, and my wife's sister as far as their mom was concerned, was someone doing little day-to-day things, without asking. The neighbor kept my brother's grass mowed, somebody always dropped off recorded church sermons to my MIL, or a bag of groceries with quick-fix items in them, that sort of thing.

I do help out by dropping food off like bacon and egg pies. I like to think they would do the same to me. Dementia is terrible, one of my wife's besties passed away about 4 years ago after suffering for about 6 years. I couldn't go and see her in the end, it was too painful. Enjoy life while you can I guess.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom