The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you feel a bit better by now morning glory ! Hugs to you.

Here's it's been grey and raining for five days straight now. Even I can use some relief.

Thank you.
I'm a little better. The acid stomach only woke me up once in the night and the back, although it is still going into spasm now & then is much less painful. The broken rib is the least of my problems right now. I reckon I can do some cooking today (hooray!).

So glad things are getting better for you. If you are going to cook for the game, that can wait. I still don't know what is going on. Are you under doctors care?

Crap. That was a day and a half. Everything happened this afternoon once it was my turn to drive.

Lovely drive up into the mountains and onto the plains.
32°C! It's a bank holiday, it's meant to rain.
1 vintage motorbike breaks down in front of me, oil across today on dangerous bend, blue smoke everywhere... stop. He's ok. Doesn't want help. Backup vehicle will be past sometime soon.

1 vintage motorbike is nearly written off in front of me, literally in front of me. Rider in better condition than bike luckily (leathers and thick jeans protected most of him, but they are ruined totally). walking wounded. Bike is going to take much more time and money to repair. Vintage Vincent, that was all I really worked out. Was a nice looking vintage bike as well . Guy races them and modern bikes professionally. Never got his name! He's going to be sore tomorrow though.

Then the darned chook escapes in the middle of the road whilst we're giving her food and water because we're running so late due to above.
90 minutes later 1 chook is finally caught in the middle of the park on the outskirts of football pitch... It's actually minutes from darkness at this point. She's not happy about it and wants three world to know. She's been named Hennrietta.

Finally home at 9:30pm 4 or 5 hours later than originally planned and despite being early to our destination...

After so many nights cold, tbe fire was allowed to go out only during the middle of last week (as in 3 or 4 nights ago) . Yesterday hot 31°C, today hotter still. Tonight it is nearly 10pm and 22°C still. Tomorrow night is due to drop back to 1 °C.

I don't know if I'm coming or going right now, but is way too warm to sleep.

Here, we finally had a cold front pass through. Right now (7:15AM), it's 63F, headed to 77F, and we have rain forecasted all day today, starting around 10AM. I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom