The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had Charley says.

Charley was a cat who just made some weird unintelligible noises which were translated by his human.

Charley had advice about crossing the road, playing with matches, talking to strangers, playing near water etc.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVOMK6YD6fw

I just love that cat babble talk. Brilliant! I've never seen these. Was it specific to the Channel Islands?

Well you ain't that much younger than me. Same age as my sister, in fact. It says the earliest of the films were made in the early 70's. Would have thought you were a bit too old then to be watching them.
How dare you insinuate I'm childish.
I won't let you play in my gang, so there. :p:

I have three younger sisters and had a brother who was much younger (17 years). So probably saw it while they were watching.

Did "Charley Says" show graphic still photos and home movie shots of victims at actual accident scenes? That's what we got. 😕

After watching the documentary about the production of these films, I'm convinced the people behind them were basically getting their jollies filming hurt, dying, and dead people, under the guise of public safety and eduction.

An interesting aside, some of the people involved went on to produce police training films, showing local departments how to conduct surreptitious camera surveillance to prosecute people from involved in same-sex encounters. From what was shown in the documentary, those were...graphic as well. :eek:

Did "Charley Says" show graphic still photos and home movie shots of victims at actual accident scenes? That's what we got. 😕

After watching the documentary about the production of these films, I'm convinced the people behind them were basically getting their jollies filming hurt, dying, and dead people, under the guise of public safety and eduction.

An interesting aside, some of the people involved went on to produce police training films, showing local departments how to conduct surreptitious camera surveillance to prosecute people from involved in same-sex encounters. From what was shown in the documentary, those were...graphic as well. :eek:

No they didn't.

But I do recall that on leaving school I got a job at Tektronix, an oscilloscope and general test equipment manufacturer.

One of their safety videos showed an electro magnet finding a small piece of metal in someone's eye. I always used safety glasses after watching that!

I could easily have designed and built mine longer (we have no restrictions on the "length" of the house, only width). The guy who used my plans subsequently built his carport (together with the adjoining lounge and second bedroom) one metre longer at my suggestion.

The space between the house and the wall to the right is required to permit access for 6 wheeled trucks to the rear when required.

The garage was already here when I bought the joint 30 years ago. My previous house I built a kit set garage, 6 metres X 6 metres. Garage has to be 600mm away from boundary. Current garage wall is the boundary, but because it's brick it's allowed on the boundary.? Do you get monsoons?

Russ

When I got divorced, I kept our house. When the divorce was final, I sold it, and had my current house built -- MY way. One of the reasons I can't see myself getting married again is that I like my house, and don't want to change it or sell it to buy "our" house.

CD

The same reason I added a top story on my house, my design, Windows and decking how I want it. I changed downstairs as well. French doors to the back yard. Wife wants to sell , I don't. I like it here.

Russ

I went to bed early last night. Fell asleep about 9PM. Woke up about 11PM. I've been awake ever since. I hate when this happens, because I'm going to crash sometime this afternoon.

CD

The same reason I added a top story on my house, my design, Windows and decking how I want it. I changed downstairs as well. French doors to the back yard. Wife wants to sell , I don't. I like it here.

Russ
Mrs Wyshiepoo would like to move to France. I can see the attraction but I would miss here too much.

It's safe, we've got everything we need and Guernsey has something like the 5th to 6th highest longevity in the world. I'd miss traditional things like ormering.

It's safe, we've got everything we need and Guernsey has something like the 5th to 6th highest longevity in the world. I'd miss traditional things like ormering.

I had to Google that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom