The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate funerals. :(
Mine has been planned by me since the first consultant said they could only slow down my demise not stop the cancer (wrongly). My beloved Liverpool is a maritime city. Some of the traditions still exist, like burial at sea. I found a book with details of the sail cloth wrap and the calculation of the weights required etc. My tough as nails niece who is a medical manager of a care home volunteered to prep me. I have loved seafood all my life so I hope they gain as much pleasure out eating me as I did eating their relatives.
Music
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fayL1WTR1Go

I've been posting here for a year already. I LOVE this community! You are all great cooks and wonderful digital friends 😍

Chicken and pumpkin risotto, too lazy to go out to,the garage and get peas. Served with feta. This was something I never made until a few years ago. My wife loves it.

Russ

Chicken and pumpkin risotto, too lazy to go out to,the garage and get peas. Served with feta. This was something I never made until a few years ago. My wife loves it.

I didn't include a garage with my house build, just a 5 metre car port (which I later discovered is too short for a 5 metre long truck*).

We had garages in both our houses in UK, the first a single car garage, the second a two car garage. I don't think either of them ever accommodated a vehicle except for an old Mini I promised to restore in the 80s.

* The truck measurement of length here excludes the rear bumper and the front motorbike deflector which are "extras".

I didn't include a garage with my house build, just a 5 metre car port (which I later discovered is too short for a 5 metre long truck*).

We had garages in both our houses in UK, the first a single car garage, the second a two car garage. I don't think either of them ever accommodated a vehicle except for an old Mini I promised to restore in the 80s.

* The truck measurement of length here exclude the rear bumper and the front motorbike deflector which are "extras".

I have a garage workshop approx 4 metres X 7 metres. It took my 2010 sr5 double cab hiluxes. Plus a fridge freezer, 2 freezers and two pantries. Plus engineering stuff. To get something I have to find the zapper, then open it, then get what I want, then close.
Russ

I have a garage workshop approx 4 metres X 7 metres. It took my 2010 sr5 double cab hiluxes. Plus a fridge freezer, 2 freezers and two pantries. Plus engineering stuff. To get something I have to find the zapper, then open it, then get what I want, then close.
Russ

I could easily have designed and built mine longer (we have no restrictions on the "length" of the house, only width). The guy who used my plans subsequently built his carport (together with the adjoining lounge and second bedroom) one metre longer at my suggestion.

048.jpg

The space between the house and the wall to the right is required to permit access for 6 wheeled trucks to the rear when required.

* The truck measurement of length here excludes the rear bumper and the front motorbike deflector which are "extras".

All of my houses have had two-car garages. Until a few years ago, I always had two cars (three when I was married -- and a boat). My current garage could easily hold a full-size Mercan truck. My MINI has about five feet in front, and six feet behind it when parked.

A garage for my cars has always been a top-priority. I'm a car nut.

CD

I've been posting here for a year already. I LOVE this community! You are all great cooks and wonderful digital friends 😍
View attachment 44076

Happy CookingBites anniversary! I've been here just over 5 years and believe me, its changed beyond recognition from how it was back then. That is a splendid looking cake.

Happy CookingBites anniversary! I've been here just over 5 years and believe me, its changed beyond recognition from how it was back then. That is a splendid looking cake.
It must be longer than that...my profile page tells me that I joined on April 23rd 2015 and you'd been here for a good while before that.

It must be longer than that...my profile page tells me that I joined on April 23rd 2015 and you'd been here for a good while before that.

If you click on someone's picture it tells you. I'm sure its correct.

So it seems that you joined a few days after me on 23rd April 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom