The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a long time I never check this lovely community, I have been struggling with my marriage life over because my husband feels boring to routine life and my food does not make him happy anymore, He cheated on me and leave me to that person. I feel like my world collapse he was the reason I learn how to cook. I have to move on from my scrap. I don't know what wrong I did he said we have a happy life but it not enough to go on after so many years long. I feel sad I can't even eat the food that I like now that what really happens if this cafe will be somewhere that I can take some rest. I still have to face him for a while until I can finally back to my home town to see my family

I've been there. I haven't said this in a forum before, but I divorced my wife because she had an affair with one of her co-workers, and she is now married to him.

It happens. Don't let it run you down. It will take time, but you can get past it. She wanted to "remain friends." I did not. I still value the good memories we made together, but otherwise, I don't really think about her. It was what it was, and is what it is.

CD

Last edited:
I've been there. I haven't said this in a forum before, but I divorced my wife because she had an affair with one of her co-workers, and she is now married to him.

It happens. Don't let it run you down. It will take time, but you can get past it. She wanted to "remain friends." I did not. I still value the good memories we made together, but otherwise, I don't really think about her. It was what it was, and is what it is.

CD

Sorry To hear that.
Russ

thank you, everyone. it feels so warm to hear those. I know I quite young if 34 years old will allow me to be young I graduate from university, We together almost 10 years, he from another country, he just the same age as me we like things just the same. when we marry people said we are soulmates. I left my family, left my old job in my hometown after marrying him. I was in a real comfort zone. It was happy, happy until I didn't see the storm. I have a job that I really like it after marry I make Map, I could spend all day on those things, I work hard but never forget to work hard as a wife at home, prepare food and housework I do that so long and all those things turn to be not excited for him anymore to have just a wife. He met a massage girl at the bar. I caught that cheating he does not stop he give the reason that just short term fun, I was a fool by love I apologize and it no matter. He told me that he prefers to get a new life that he feels more exciting. I let him go. so many questions in my head, but I will survive. I still have a job that I like, my great family, good friends and this little space to share something with. I will raise and shine again even don't know how long but I am a fighter, thank you for this little space that let me bring it out. it's toxic story to share but at least I feel not alone from the friends that not only in my culture, really thankful about views from many opinions.

I know I quite young if 34 years old will allow me to be young

You are most definitely young! You don't mention kids so I assume you don't have any which is one thing to be thankful for in your current situation.

He met a massage girl at the bar. I caught that cheating he does not stop he give the reason that just short term fun, I was a fool by love I apologize and it no matter. He told me that he prefers to get a new life that he feels more exciting.

I'll bet it doesn't last!

I have a job that I really like it after marry I make Map, I could spend all day on those things,

That sounds quite fascinating - can you say a bit more about it? I love maps.

You are most definitely young! You don't mention kids so I assume you don't have any which is one thing to be thankful for in your current situation.

I'll bet it doesn't last!

That sounds quite fascinating - can you say a bit more about it? I love maps.
Yeah when I check and read the map like my escape area from the world outside, feel like I traveling.

CD
I really want we remain friend too, but I'm not so sure about that, one part of me said run away from this person, the other part said maybe people have the right to pick who they love, it just he not love me that the truth it pain but it real.

She wanted to "remain friends." I did not.

CD
I really want we remain friend too,

It's selfishness again. They aren't offering this for you, it's for them to feel better about themselves. Their rationalisation hamster is working overtime.

rationalization hamster - Wiktionary

The thought process goes something like this.
Only bad people have affairs.
But I'm not a bad person.
If I can only get them to agree that we are 'still friends' then it doesn't seem nearly as bad, I can tell all our friends that 'we remain friends' so it was just a mutual thing.

Best answer? "No thanks, I'm not friends with people who stab me in the back."

I really want we remain friend too, but I'm not so sure about that,

You need to think through how much it will hurt you to meet with him in his 'new life'. It will, of course, make him feel better. But he isn't who you need to be thinking about right now.

Yeah when I check and read the map like my escape area from the world outside, feel like I traveling.

Travelling for real would a great idea. Unfortunately, this obviously isn't a good time to be travelling due to the world situation. :(

You need to think through how much it will hurt you to meet with him in his 'new life'. It will, of course, make him feel better. But he isn't who you need to be thinking about right now.

Travelling for real would a great idea. Unfortunately, this obviously isn't a good time to be traveling due to the world situation. :(
yeah, I hope the whole world survive from this time too, My company use to work about guide book for travel even have a free one in English like a guide book to BKK and then it really bad time we launch it in pendemic time, so many countries shut down then even our book free no one interest in any way what shame.

It's selfishness again. They aren't offering this for you, it's for them to feel better about themselves. Their rationalisation hamster is working overtime.

If I can only get them to agree that we are 'still friends' then it doesn't seem nearly as bad, I can tell all our friends that 'we remain friends' so it was just a mutual thing.

I hope I can really think like that, it really bad that when someone not love you anymore but your love still left alot those feeling really hard to get over, but I will try to stand up on my feet even have to stand alone or fall again I will back on my feet again just really hope for I will strong enough

It is different if two people just decide to divorce, or one says I want out, but nobody else is involved. I could still be friends under that kind of circumstance. But, when there is a third person involved, it's just too weird to stay friends.

CD

I treated my 16yo vinyl shutters with some color restorer today:

Sure best painting them.

Vinyl siding is very popular up there, it seems. You rarely see it in North Texas, but do see it in Southeast Texas. I don't see it on beach houses these days. It is not a great hurricane material, to say the least. They use Hardie-Plank down their. It looks like wood siding, but is fiber reinforced cement.

My neighborhood is all zero-lot-line houses, so vinyl wouldn't meet code. Since the houses are so close, one side of every house has to have no windows, vents or other openings, and all the materials have to be fire-rated. If one house goes up in flames, they don't want a "domino effect" to happen, and lose five houses. On my side of my street, the East side of every house is the firewall side.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom