The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its delightful here. Sorry to rub it in but once again I thank heaven I live in Kent, UK. In ℉ for you guys over the pond.

Its delightful here. Sorry to rub it in but once again I thank heaven I live in Kent, UK. In ℉ for you guys over the pond.

View attachment 43615
That sounds lovely.

They were saying on the news today that Vermont, that's right, Ver-freaking-mont, is going to have a heat index around 100F. That's like Aberdeenshire being that hot! 😐

I finally got my repaired laptop back today after two weeks. It has a new hard drive and keyboard installed. I was really happy to rid myself of the old steam driven one until I realised that all my bookmarks and passwords have to be re-input. And my open source software! I was thankful that I had backed up all my data on external drives on the morning before it was taken in.

I was thankful that I had backed up all my data on external drives on the morning before it was taken in.

Good thinking there. Having said that I would be happy to lose most of my bookmarks. I have a bad habit of bookmarking anything interesting. Then, of course it gets forgotten as I already have hundreds of bookmarks.

I back-up the majority of the data every Monday morning anyway. I used to back-up data every evening when I worked for a living but I find that it's not very important now, hence the one time per week.

I archive all my photographs and financials on portable hard drives that I lock in a fireproof safe. The rest of of what is on my computers isn't that important to me.

CD

Low 90s (F) this week. Not bad. No rain. This time of year, we sometimes get "pop-up" thunderstorms. If you are lucky, you get rain. It can rain a half-a-mile away, and not where you live.

Back up to high 90s next week, and I and probably no significant rain until mid September. Unless a hurricane hits the Texas coast, and the remnants come our way. There are a couple storms forming, on in the Atlantic, and one in The Gulf of Mexico. Hurricane season starts in June, but the bad storms tend to happen much later -- August to as late as October.

CD

I just read that Ohio just got a lot hotter -- at least the State capitol did. 60-million dollars hotter. :eek:

CD
I can only SMH - let me just funnel off $60 million no one will notice especially since I am a public figure... stupidity or ego to think you aren't going to get caught - or both?

I haven't read a lot on it yet - basically just headlines and snippets but, geez, what greed!

Edit to add: Innocent until proven guilty 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom