The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staring gloomily from the bedroom window at a slate-grey sky from which icy drizzle falls. A gang of lugubrious woodpigeons perches in a tree, huddled against the chill. A cold breeze whistles down the Firth of Forth. The bed looks very appealing.

It's that sort of day.
If I may take some small liberty:

Staring contentedly from the living room window at a slate-grey sky from which fluffed snow falls. A gang of aggressive blackbirds assaults the bird feeders, fighting against one another. A cold breeze whistles across the Miami Valley. The bed looks very messy.

It's like we're living the same life! :laugh:

You have a Kroger in your area and they are running Impossible plant based "ground meat" at a few dollars off. Perhaps now's a good time to try it. Soooo much better than Beyond.
Thanks for the tip. I've had it just the once in a BK Whopper. Pretty much indistinguishable from a moo-cow Whopper.

Staring gloomily from the bedroom window at a slate-grey sky from which icy drizzle falls. A gang of lugubrious woodpigeons perches in a tree, huddled against the chill. A cold breeze whistles down the Firth of Forth. The bed looks very appealing.

It's that sort of day.

Wifes been working 12 hour shifts. She'll roll in any minute now and collapse in bed too. But not until washing her one meter long length of hair.

We were starting to see "blow bars" pop up around the town. No, not a brothel with a liquor license, but a hair stop where they only wash and blow dry girls hair, no other services. Hit and run kind'a deal. Wife loved it. Duck in, duck out.

At her hospital they have to fight the patients Covid and the secondary infections (plural). Patients immune systems is/are attacking itself so with cancer expertise they have the drugs, expertise and methods to reverse that. Community hospitals may have some, but usually not that depth of knowledge nor the drugs on hand so they are suffering a significantly higher death rate.
Hold that thought.

It's been 90F/33C here all weekend. The Telephone company is chaining portable "Sledge Hammers of Hell" generators to the corner terminal boxes in anticipation of blackouts do to predicted 50 MPH winds.
Last time the corner generator ran out of fuel and the kids took 5 gallons of our lawnmower gas down to it, refilled it and restarted it.

Last edited:
I bought some pistachios today (have to put fast on hold - more on that later) and went looking for something to do with the shells. I found this woman's artwork and wanted to share it here. I won't be making one of these. LOL

v6rboj20h4351.jpg

I'm the exact opposite. I hate driving mainly because other people are horrible drivers. My dad, now a retired Chicago police officer, taught me to drive when I was 12 years old. I was the best female driver in the police academy. I had a good driver insurance discount when I had a vehicle.

Prior to being a mom, I worked as a district manager for a company and had to travel throughout the Midwest. I hated every second of those drives. It was easier for me to just fly somewhere (pre 9/11) and get a shuttle to my hotel. It didn't help that I was mugged twice while on the road. I also narrowly escaped some you-know-whats on a highway in Kansas that were trying to run me off the road. They were ticked off I was able to out-drive them. Let's not even talk about living in a small-ish town now. I don't know why people lose their minds in inclement weather. We live where it rains and snows and freezes over. They've had enough years of practice! Drive right!!! LOL

The only thing I miss about not having a vehicle is being able to see my children (although that's just the excuse the ex uses. I only saw them 3x/year even before my car fire since he took them from me. Other than that, no thanks!

Anytime you want to come to Chicago to drive me around, please do. I'll pay you. I'm not rich but it would be worth every dollar! ;-)

I dint know if I would drive in Chicago, I never drove in Vancouver or Hawaii, taxis or hired drivers. After being in a crash in Bali I'm only comfortable in the left lane.

Russ

Staring contentedly from the living room window at a slate-grey sky from which fluffed snow falls. A gang of aggressive blackbirds assaults the bird feeders, fighting against one another. A cold breeze whistles across the Miami Valley. The bed looks very messy.

It's like we're living the same life! :laugh:

Thanks for the tip. I've had it just the once in a BK Whopper. Pretty much indistinguishable from a moo-cow Whopper.

I had a bk whopper last night,lol.

Russ

Second attempt at air fix model with mr7 spitfire, parts are too fiddly, our son will take over the project, models are so tiny compared to when I was a kid, hell I used to put them together when I was 10. This is like 5 inches big. Too tiny, son will work it out. Mr7 gutted he was looking forward to painting it. He's here all day so I'll do lunch for him.
Pea pie n pud I think??

Russ

And, if I may take further liberties...

I am looking with a blank stare out a dirty window, at a muddy grey sky, while the swirling winds pile leaves against my door, waiting for my dog to invite them into the warmth of my house. Rats scamper about, gathering trash and leaves to build nests in my car engine compartment. I should have stayed in bed.

CD

I had a doctor's appointment tomorrow but changed it into a phone appointment, I have a sore throat since yesterday. It's probably allergies because my throat is itchy and it's worse in the morning, but I don't want to put anyone at risk. I don't have a fever either. Temperature is getting warmer in Portugal but I still felt freezing today, my temperature was at 35 Celsius which is normal for me. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

It's odd how one's perceptions change when it comes to temperature. A few years ago, we had a little trip around the Balkans that involved three countries. We started in Kosovo, where it was about 32/33C when we arrived. When we moved onto Macedonia, we were up into the forties. Then we went on to Bulgaria and on a wander around Sofia, we mused that it was a bit chilly. In fact, it was about 23C, a temperature that would have had us sitting around outside if it had been in Scotland.

And, if I may take further liberties...

I am looking with a blank stare out a dirty window, at a muddy grey sky, while the swirling winds pile leaves against my door, waiting for my dog to invite them into the warmth of my house. Rats scamper about, gathering trash and leaves to build nests in my car engine compartment. I should have stayed in bed.

CD
CD, you are turning poet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom