The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I finally fell asleep, and my iPhone alert system woke me up with a DPS (State Police) alert. Seems a bald white guy with a beard shot a cop 52 miles from here, and is on the loose on a motorcycle. He should be dead before he can get anywhere near where I live, but that alert tone has me wide awake. And of course, my OCD is going to make me check my doors to make sure they are locked. :facepalm:

CD

So, I finally fell asleep, and my iPhone alert system woke me up with a DPS (State Police) alert. Seems a bald white guy with a beard shot a cop 52 miles from here, and is on the loose on a motorcycle. He should be dead before he can get anywhere near where I live, but that alert tone has me wide awake. And of course, my OCD is going to make me check my doors to make sure they are locked. :facepalm:

CD

I’d check windows too, just to be more sure

Being very tired after the second shot is common, and on the good side, it is a sign that the first shot did what it was supposed to do. Your side effects are caused by your immune system reacting to the second shot. It should only las a day.

CD

It was my second one so I didn't expect to react to be honest, paracetamol and lots of liquid, chill out day.

First jab done 💪🏻
Moderna vaccine.
Very quick, well organised, they also gave me a couple of new masks and a coffee!

Fun fact that I just saw in the TV series The Food That Built America:

Until 2012, Pizza Hut was the world’s largest buyer of kale.

For those of you who have eaten at Pizza Hut, I’m sure you will be surprised to hear this. Was kale on the menu? No. It was on the salad bar. No, not in the salad bar. On it. It was a decoration surrounding the bins for the salad.

Today is the day we'll hear if my stepson with mental illness will be accepted into a new facility, but they first want to talk to him about his 'motivation' today.
Which makes it rather stressful, because he doesn't have the mental capacity to see his own problems. He's currently being processed for a curator at the same time, because he's unable to make such decisions. However, he's not YET under a curator so he can still stop all progress we made by saying he's fine with the way things are and sees no reason to change.

Today is the day we'll hear if my stepson with mental illness will be accepted into a new facility, but they first want to talk to him about his 'motivation' today.
Which makes it rather stressful, because he doesn't have the mental capacity to see his own problems. He's currently being processed for a curator at the same time, because he's unable to make such decisions. However, he's not YET under a curator so he can still stop all progress we made by saying he's fine with the way things are and sees no reason to change.

Ah...this is similar to the situation we had with my daughter a little while ago. Since she's over the age of 18, she's considered an Adult, so she legally has to sign off on everything. Sometimes, she stubbornly refuses to do things just so she can show who's in charge. Mostly, she realizes that decisions she makes sometimes means extra work for her, so she tends to follow our recommendations to avoid the work. I hope this goes well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom