The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah...this is similar to the situation we had with my daughter a little while ago. Since she's over the age of 18, she's considered an Adult, so she legally has to sign off on everything. Sometimes, she stubbornly refuses to do things just so she can show who's in charge. Mostly, she realizes that decisions she makes sometimes means extra work for her, so she tends to follow our recommendations to avoid the work. I hope this goes well for you.
Yup, similar situation. The facility has not rejected him yet, but they want to see him IRL now because he did not take his meds today so was rocking himself back and forth the whole time. Which made them realise how seriously ill he is, so now they are unsure about whether he's not too severe for them. There only 3 places in the whole country that are even open to considering him right now, so that's not too great. But all is not lost yet either.

Hopefully, the curator will get more done when it's arranged.

Yup, similar situation. The facility has not rejected him yet, but they want to see him IRL now because he did not take his meds today so was rocking himself back and forth the whole time. Which made them realise how seriously ill he is, so now they are unsure about whether he's not too severe for them. There only 3 places in the whole country that are even open to considering him right now, so that's not too great. But all is not lost yet either.

Hopefully, the curator will get more done when it's arranged.

My daughter without meds vs my daughter with meds is like night and day. We used to trust her to take them - she is an adult, after all! - but we found that I need to put them in a pill organizer, and hand them to her in the morning and evening every day. It's more work, but it's worth it.

My daughter without meds vs my daughter with meds is like night and day. We used to trust her to take them - she is an adult, after all! - but we found that I need to put them in a pill organizer, and hand them to her in the morning and evening every day. It's more work, but it's worth it.
We already do that, but my MIL doesn't understand the system and he doesn't obey her. We warned her, this was all explained to her multiple times but she's one of those anti vaxxing christians so you know, they're quite a match since he lives there.

We already do that, but my MIL doesn't understand the system and he doesn't obey her. We warned her, this was all explained to her multiple times but she's one of those anti vaxxing christians so you know, they're quite a match since he lives there.

I hope your MIL is not one of those, "He doesn't need meds, he needs prayer" types.

CD

I hope your MIL is not one of those, "He doesn't need meds, he needs prayer" types.

CD
Unfortunately that's exactly what she is .. But we had no choice but to bring him there while we wait for a place for him to go, he can no longer be in the same place as his younger brother and if my MIL didn't take him he would have been homeless

How is your daughter doing now by the way, is she stable?

The Taj Mahal was commissioned by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan to house the tomb of his favourite wife, Mumtaz Mahal who died on this date in 1631.

I went to see it in the early 90s. Spectacular does not do it justice.

How is your daughter doing now by the way, is she stable?

She's been taking her meds, so life is good (for everyone). Her boyfriend is on board with making sure she remembers to take her medicine when she's away, which is great news. She doesn't always listen to us, but she listens to him. :laugh:

She's been taking her meds, so life is good (for everyone). Her boyfriend is on board with making sure she remembers to take her medicine when she's away, which is great news. She doesn't always listen to us, but she listens to him. :laugh:
That's great to hear. I hope at some point my stepson realises he can't continue like this.

This is how I know the sleep gods hate me.

It's quarter to 5A and one of my alarms went off. I don't know if it's the smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector. The only "smoke" in my bedroom is the humidifier (across the room) and my window is opened all the way (so, how can carbon monoxide infiltrate the room?).

I'm waiting on the maintenance guy now.

Does anyone else ever, in their daily going-about-business, take a sudden dislike to someone you maybe pass in a shop or restaurant?

I'm in a department store, looking at the winter clothing on clearance, and there's a woman right behind me, looking at clothing on the same rack, and she's reading all the labels out loud, and I'm really fighting the desire to shove a hanger down her throat to shut her up.

Does that make me a bad person? :laugh:
No, just don't tell anybody else. Premeditated murder is more years in prison. Next time just do it and blame it on video games and rap music. ;-)

Maintenance guy just left. He is such a nice guy. I like him way better than the last guy (who spent most his time complaining about all he had to do). This new one is very laid back, never ticked off and takes care of things when he says he will.

Anyway, I have two new smoke/fire alarms in my apartment now. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom