The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have more beetroot than we can eat so offered some tonour friend who lives around the corner, we took some round, she knows I like jigsaw puzzles so she gave me a puzzle she had recently finished, fair swap

It's been raining virtually continuous for 48 hours now and the temperature has hardly reached 25°C. I almost dragged the quilt out of the wardrobe last night.

It's been raining virtually continuous for 48 hours now and the temperature has hardly reached 25°C. I almost dragged the quilt out of the wardrobe last night.

I couldn't sleep in 25C/77F. I'd have to run the air conditioning.

When I'm awake and going about my day, 77F/25C is fine. But, to sleep, it needs to be about five degrees (F) cooler.

CD

It is 81F/27C right now at 4AM. The high today -- drum roll please -- our first 100F/38C day of 2021. By next Tuesday, 103F/39.5C :heat:

Here is our ten day forecast...
Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 3.59.01 AM.jpg

No rain, either. Looks like normal weather is back. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
This afternoon it was very refreshing to have a warm shower (using the shower heater). For the past 3 or 4 months we would have loved to have had cold showers but the sun is on the tank for half of the day so it's always tepid at best.

[We haven't seen the sun at all today. Overcast and continuous drizzle. It was almost the same yesterday].

However, it's not unpleasant to sit on the stoep watching flowers in the rain and hearing the grass grow, even without the sunshine.

It is 81F/27C right now at 4AM. The high today -- drum roll please -- our first 100F/38C day of 2021. By next Tuesday, 103F/39.5C :heat:

Here is our ten day forecast...
View attachment 68003

No rain, either. Looks like normal weather is back. :thumbsdown:
Another heat surge is starting mate. 14 hrs of sunshine starting tomorrow. Off early to the beach for a picnic. Split - BBC Weather

Last edited:
These aging rock stars pi$$ me off. I haven't done a quarter of the alcohol and drugs (and who knows what else) these guys did to their bodies, and I'm in worse health (at 60). :mad:

CD

You must look better that Keith Richards?

I think I do and I'm coming up 73.

Although Keith looked like that when he was 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom