The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to Cadiz with my boss once in the 70s to try and fix the electrics on his villa (lightening strike).

He refused to take the empty wine bottles to the bottle bank in daylight. We had to sneak down under cover of darkness.

As there were 4 adults (two male, two female) I'd be surprised if there were less than 8 bottles/day - more likely 10.

Today didn't happen as planned...

That's a fire in the chimney, rather than in the stove which was out at this stage

Inside of one of my cupboards... That's burnt through to the brick work though it doesn't show well... maybe a better photo tomorrow.

Humm. Took 3 hrs for them to be happy. Bricks are still very hot but the fire in the chimney is out. And the stove is no longer in use. 20210730_143612.jpg

Today didn't happen as planned...
View attachment 68252

That's a fire in the chimney, rather than in the stove which was out at this stage

View attachment 68251

Inside of one of my cupboards... That's burnt through to the brick work though it doesn't show well... maybe a better photo tomorrow.

View attachment 68254

View attachment 68256

View attachment 68255

Humm. Took 3 hrs for them to be happy. Bricks are still very hot but the fire in the chimney is out. And the stove is no longer in use. View attachment 68253
:hug:hugs for you. That sounds so stressful! Glad you are unharmed

:hug:hugs for you. That sounds so stressful! Glad you are unharmed
Thank you. The fire wasn't needed, though I guess that goes without saying. Hoping not to end up say hospital tomorrow but I had to do way more than I could without causing myself pain and in agony now. Got a stronger painkiller than morphine available (left over from leg injuries in January), so I'll take that tonight and fingers crossed for tomorrow. I've been on the heat mat for the last 3hrs. Dreading tomorrow's clean up continuing but can't leave everything in the garage and mud room (everything from herbs and spices (2 big flex tubs) to jars of nuts, flour, rices, grains, and everything else... quit on the diet tonight and ate 3 portions of popcorn in a sitting... (mind you it's easy to eat 6 servings so....)

Hubby rang his boss to say he had had to leave unexpectedly and was there a time code for "my house was on fire" because he has to book all his time to the projects he works on. His boss came back and replied 'well, actually yes'...

Rural Fire Service are all volunteers, so the 1hr between me ringing for help and them arriving felt like an eternity whilst i was fighting the fire myself. (We're set up and prepared for it, it is just I never expected to actually have to action it'. Asthma was a big problem by the time they arrived but once I could stay out and rest, it settled which surprised me. )

Right
Bed. I'll c catch up with you all tomorrow. Thanks for the support.

Thank you. The fire wasn't needed, though I guess that goes without saying. Hoping not to end up say hospital tomorrow but I had to do way more than I could without causing myself pain and in agony now. Got a stronger painkiller than morphine available (left over from leg injuries in January), so I'll take that tonight and fingers crossed for tomorrow. I've been on the heat mat for the last 3hrs. Dreading tomorrow's clean up continuing but can't leave everything in the garage and mud room (everything from herbs and spices (2 big flex tubs) to jars of nuts, flour, rices, grains, and everything else... quit on the diet tonight and ate 3 portions of popcorn in a sitting... (mind you it's easy to eat 6 servings so....)

Hubby rang his boss to say he had had to leave unexpectedly and was there a time code for "my house was on fire" because he has to book all his time to the projects he works on. His boss came back and replied 'well, actually yes'...

Rural Fire Service are all volunteers, so the 1hr between me ringing for help and them arriving felt like an eternity whilst i was fighting the fire myself. (We're set up and prepared for it, it is just I never expected to actually have to action it'. Asthma was a big problem by the time they arrived but once I could stay out and rest, it settled which surprised me. )

Right
Bed. I'll c catch up with you all tomorrow. Thanks for the support.
Yikes! You seem to rarely catch a break sometimes, with so much going on. Please keep us updated, and while it may be hard to do while, you know, with your house is on fire and all, try to be mindful of your own health as well. Please keep us updated.

MrsT's mouth surgery went fairly well. The only setback was that they couldn't harvest enough gum skin from the back of her mouth, so they had to take a little from along the edge of the roof of her mouth, so she's stuck wearing a stent, kind of like a retainer, for the next 2-3 weeks, and it's apparently very uncomfortable.

Happily, her pain is minimal. Reading between the lines of what the surgeons were telling her, she was to expect some pretty severe pain for the first two days (today's the second day), but it's been ok. They prescribed the loved-by-some-dreaded-by-others OxyContin for pain management, but advised that she steer clear of that if possible and make do with ibuprofen and Tylenol (taken together, if needed). So far, she's making it ok with the ibuprofen only, so that's good.

She's eating pudding/custard, her Boost nutritional shake, and I made her a milkshake (not a smoothie :laugh:) with peach ice cream and blueberries last night, and I think that's about all she's had.

*Sigh* We're not on our way yet and the first hurdle to my husband's relaxation has already presented itself. For those who don't know, my husband has a burn-out and we're going away for this weekend.

The hotel called that they've overbooked their suites, and only this morning they realised they had booked us and other people to the same room for this night. As those people are already in the suite, we needed to be moved. We're now staying in a normal room one night, and a suite the next. We're compensated with some cashback and free room service, but my husband is still very grumpy.
Which affects me of course, because I wanted him to be able to relax. I just hope he'll gather himself and the rest of the stay will go smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom