The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is our 31st anniversary. A few years back someone told my dad that we wouldn't make is because Leo and Virgo are a bad match. Apparently not....:love:
Congrats. Hubby and I met just under 30 years ago. At Christmas we'll have been married for 25 yrs.

I've out done my mother's longest marriage by a long way (she/they has/ve just celebrated 13 yrs)

It has been cloudy most of today, so right now it is only 90F/32/C. There is a pretty mean thunderstorm a few miles East of me. More are expected tonight and tomorrow. The high temperature tomorrow is only supposed to be 84F/29C. That's a lot better than the 103F/40C it was earlier this week.

CD

The storms, and rain, missed my house/yard/garden. But, the temperatures dropped. At 9:45 AM, it is only 75F/24C.

CD

Happy anniversary!

We were 32 years relationship this past April and married will be 28 years October 1st.

We did 26 years before the divorce. It would be coming up 50 years had we not divorced.

We still speak. It was her birthday yesterday.

SatNavSaysStraightOn How are you doing now, after that unfortunate chimney incident?

House fires are a mess to deal with. The lake house we had caught fire about 15 years ago. Lightning strike during a storm. Nobody was at the house. I got a call at around 6 AM telling me the house caught fire. I drove down to check it out.

This fire was a bit worse than a chimney fire -- you could stand in one of the upstairs bedrooms, look up, and see the sky. But, even small fires make a mess. with smoke and water damage. The smoke is the worst thing.

I hope SatNav and Hubby get things sorted out quickly. Definitely get that chimney properly restored before using it.

CD

SatNavSaysStraightOn How are you doing now, after that unfortunate chimney incident?
Getting there slowly.

Lots of cleaning up to do still. Mostly getting all the linen (bed sheets, quilt covers, pillow cases, towels, tea towels and so forth) clean and dry. Neither clean nor dry is proving easy. Some of the soot and 'rust' type marks (could be brick dust) are not coming off some of the bedding and towels.

What doesn't come clean on the next wash, I'll relegate to building/dust sheets and give to a friend. We're on a septic tank so can't use harsh chemicals and with no tumble drier getting things dry is a case of waiting until a fair day which in winter and a particularly wet one isn't proving easy.

As for the repairs to the kitchen cabinets and the stove where the surround was damaged when the stove was pulled out, that's our landlords responsibility. So that will be a wait and see job.

But with today out of the way now (we had our citizenship tests this morning) I can now concentrate on resting up, cooking and the repairs pile that has been mounting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom