The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember taking a guy with me to do a border hop, then a 4 hour drive each way. He brought bottled water and tins of soda with him for the journey. He could hardly walk when we arrived. I wasn't to know that the water bottles had already been opened.

I think I had a really good example of communication styles clashing today. I was working on a project with a colleague and shared an idea. Her reply was: "That's a great idea! What do you think if we...[proceeds to share an idea that has nothing in common with what I suggested and that actually takes the idea in a different direction]"

I really enjoy working with this colleague, but I really struggle with this indirect communication style, and I get very upset when people want to hide a negative message behind a positive one. And I rarely get offended when someone disagrees with me at work. But this wishy washy communication style is so confusing!

I think I had a really good example of communication styles clashing today. I was working on a project with a colleague and shared an idea. Her reply was: "That's a great idea! What do you think if we...[proceeds to share an idea that has nothing in common with what I suggested and that actually takes the idea in a different direction]"

I really enjoy working with this colleague, but I really struggle with this indirect communication style, and I get very upset when people want to hide a negative message behind a positive one. And I rarely get offended when someone disagrees with me at work. But this wishy washy communication style is so confusing!

Those are great thoughts. Hey, what if we look at this as an opportunity to expand our abilities to think outside the box, and see thing in ways we haven't seen them before. I'm not suggesting that your thoughts aren't valid, but perhaps some introspection could lead to a paradigm shift, in the direction of more refined thoughts that more clearly evolve into plans that move you/us toward your/our ultimate goals.

CD

Today I saw a man empty a bottle of wine into a water bottle and I thought to myself: That's the spirit.
My husband does that. It's pretty odd I am sure to see a purple beverage being consumed from a clear plastic bottle with a water label.

My husband does that. It's pretty odd I am sure to see a purple beverage being consumed from a clear plastic bottle with a water label.

The trick is to use an opaque sports water bottle or for white wine a transparent green water bottle. Drink straight from the bottle. Not that I've done it... :whistling:

The trick is to use an opaque sports water bottle or for white wine a transparent green water bottle. Drink straight from the bottle. Not that I've done it... :whistling:

We went to Cadiz with my boss once in the 70s to try and fix the electrics on his villa (lightening strike).

He refused to take the empty wine bottles to the bottle bank in daylight. We had to sneak down under cover of darkness.

The guy had a colorful reusable water bottle and he was on the ramp on the way to the train station, I think he was planning on drinking on the train :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom