The leftover coffee pineapple sherbert smoothie!

sorrowscall

Veteran
Local time
1:56 AM
I tried this the other day, don't laugh. It happens. I had coffee that I didn't feel like finishing, I wanted something cold, but I didn't want to eat anything. Answer? Get out the Pineapple sherbert and think. While looking at the two items, I got a great idea and talked with some friends over how to do what I was thinking of doing. Originally, I was going to use more than the two main ingredients, but coffee mixed in with banana would likely have not meshed well or been dangerous and I didn't know what yogurt would do. Thus, here's what you'll need:
leftover cold sweetened coffee (like with sugar and milk. Haven't tried this smoothie with black coffee)
Pineapple Sherbert

Instructions: Simply mix these two unusual ingredients together in a blender and then pour the contents into a cup. Leave in the freezer for a little close to an hour. use a spoon to break it apart and stir. It should be quite the deliciously ironic cold treat!

I would never have thought to combine the two ingredients, but now I am curious and might have to give it a try! Who knows, maybe you just came up with the 'next big thing'!

That's kind of amazing. Pineapple sherbet and coffee are two ingredients I didn't think would go together, let alone make a good smoothie. Will definitely try someday.

Can I ask, and sorry for my ignorance perhaps it is a cultural thing..., but what is a pineapple sherbert? All that comes to mind currently is pineapple with ice cream in a some kind of fizzy lemonade?
sherbert is like an ice cream without the milk portion and is usually very similar to a soft ice cream-like Italian ice in flavor. Usually the flavors are orange sherbert or melon sherbert. However, there are a few others like pineapple sherbert. I prefer them over ice cream because they always seem to taste a little minty to me.

sherbert is like an ice cream without the milk portion and is usually very similar to a soft ice cream-like Italian ice in flavor. Usually the flavors are orange sherbert or melon sherbert. However, there are a few others like pineapple sherbert. I prefer them over ice cream because they always seem to taste a little minty to me.
so sorbet?
https://www.google.co.uk/#newwindow=1&q=sorbet

Yes, it's basically around the same thing. Although I'm pretty sure sorbet is a bit more expensive than most sherberts ((I think it's taste is actually a little richer than sherbet)). But yeah, that's technically around the same thing so I don't think it should be all bad to use in place of Sherbert in a recipe like this. Tell me how it goes if you do, I'd love to hear about it.

This sounds very promising. I have mixed unfinnished coffee with ice cream and loved it. I just whipped up the mixture and had a smoothie.

This sounds very promising. I have mixed unfinnished coffee with ice cream and loved it. I just whipped up the mixture and had a smoothie.
I'm glad to hear you like the mixture! I haven't tried it with anything else yet. I'm hoping to mix up mint ice cream with green tea or something along those lines next when I'm in the mood for a milkshake. I haven't tried it yet, since I need to look up any health issues relating to that.

Coffee and pineapple sounds odd to me but this is pretty interesting! I've never liked having different flavored coffee because I liked mine as it is (with a lot of cream and sugar) so mixing coffee and pineapple sherbet to make a smoothie just sounds all sorts of wrong in my opinion. But I can't judge so easily so I need to try this when I do get myself a pineapple sherbet.

Back
Top Bottom