The most unconventional thing you've eaten?

Actually, I have to explain that further: my MIL added the ~ lilt at the end, so it came out like "tor-TILL-ya," but she always struggled with it, as in:

"Yes, I'll have the Mexi-Chicken Salad With Crispy Tor...Tort...Tort-Tee...um...Tortill...ah...Tor-TILL-ya Chips, please."
One of my sisters (who lived in Texas for most of her life) pronounces "chipotle" (chip-oat-lay) as "chipolte" (chip-ol-tee), despite the obvious spelling and her knowledge of eating the chipotle peppers and the various recipes made with them. And she is very well-read with a degree in library science.

Spiders are a delicacy in Cambodia. Particularly the big juicy ones deep fried.

I just knew there had to be a place on this Earth where women did not screech at the sight of a spider.

:wink:

My school time friend lives in Geneva. She introduced me to local chocolates with an unconventional shape but a delicious taste. The chocolates are called Poubelles. "Poubelle" is French for trash can; the sweets are formed like local street bins. The taste and scent were exquisite.
rohr.jpg

I'm quite cautious in tasting strange food, so I don't have experience in eating spiders, Century Eggs/thousand year old eggs or seal blubber. Pickled herring or the accidental flavor of bugs (Dolycoris sp.) on strawberries is odd enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom