The Most Versatile Cooking Oil

Food4thought

Veteran
Local time
6:52 PM
Olive oil is best for making pasta dishes, dips and salad dressings but it is not so good for frying. A light oil made from sesame oil or peanuts is best for stirfries and noodle dishes, and other types of vegetable oil are more suitable for deep frying, shallow frying and grilling.

Recently I bought some extra cold filtered rice bran oil. I saw it in my local supermarket and it cost no more than a bottle of olive oil. I was attracted by a claim on the label that this oil is "good for you". 100% rice bran oil has no cholesterol. It contains Vitamin E antioxidant and plant sterols.

I've been using rice bran oil for shallow frying, making sauces and salad dressings. It has no taste and can also be used in baking, as well as for grilling and deep frying.

I think I've just found the best and most versatile cooking oil!

Sounds really good. I`ve never tried rice bran oil but will definitely do so if I can get it here in my country. I also never use olive oil for deep frying things, as I think it is a waste of quality oil. I almost always use regular sunflower oil when deep frying something.

Aren't all vegetable oils cholesterol free? LOL, I love what they will do with packaging to convince people to buy a certain product, right up to scaring them into thinking their competing products have things they normally wouldn't. That's kind of like putting a "fat free" label on bottled water.

While I do enjoy the taste of Olive oil, I have found myself using a little less these days for a variety of reasons. Olive oil seems to solidify a bit more when it is in the fridge, and I don't always care for the texture and viscosity of it when it's used in something like a pasta salad or a potato salad - it has kind of a vegetable shortening type mouth feel to it. And depending on how extra virgin it is, it will impart an unpleasant greenish color to the dish. Plus, many of the olive oils on the markets are actually blends and not 100% olive oil, despite being labeled as such - so I am not even sure I am getting my money's worth.

I've found that Canola Oil is my general go to oil, it has a lighter smoother feel to it, and it tastes the most neutral to me. Plus it is among the least expensive of the oils.

I'll have to try the rice bran oil provided that I can find it somewhere. Its certainly not a mainstream type of an oil so I may have to order it online.

Olive oil is best for making pasta dishes, dips and salad dressings but it is not so good for frying. A light oil made from sesame oil or peanuts is best for stirfries and noodle dishes, and other types of vegetable oil are more suitable for deep frying, shallow frying and grilling.

Recently I bought some extra cold filtered rice bran oil. I saw it in my local supermarket and it cost no more than a bottle of olive oil. I was attracted by a claim on the label that this oil is "good for you". 100% rice bran oil has no cholesterol. It contains Vitamin E antioxidant and plant sterols.

I've been using rice bran oil for shallow frying, making sauces and salad dressings. It has no taste and can also be used in baking, as well as for grilling and deep frying.

I think I've just found the best and most versatile cooking oil!
I have tried it before, it works good, almost like vegetable oil. The most versatile oil would probably be vegetable oil but it's not the healthiest. Olive oil is not good for baking sweets. Coconut oil is for sure a good health choice, but different oils have different purposes.

Back
Top Bottom